cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OK, Washer and Dryer in your RV...Do you use them?

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
So most New and roomier Rv's come with a Washer and Dryer or the option.
Did your RV come with a Washer and Dryer and are you actually using it?
Who here uses ther W/D in the RV and Who here just uses the CG laundromat?
Hey, like always, thanks for sharing.
62 REPLIES 62

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
BlackSilver wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
Just a note on the subject; I recently stayed at 2 RV parks that had a rule against using your washer/dryer. I'm not sure of the origin of this (WRVPO?).

It may be septic or it may be that they want to make money from the laundromat.

Did they have an Inspector coming around and checking?

No, actually. One of these parks had all sorts of rules (like walk your dog on your site, not on the park roads) that were being ignored by the seasonals. I wondered how they would know if you were using your washer.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

BlackSilver
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Just a note on the subject; I recently stayed at 2 RV parks that had a rule against using your washer/dryer. I'm not sure of the origin of this (WRVPO?).

Did they have an Inspector coming around and checking?
Hans, Kร˜HB & Colleen, Kร˜CKB
Master Chief Radioman, US Navy
Heartland Big Country camping trailer
3500HD Silverado Big Dooley LTZ Go-power by Max & Allie

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
We are long trippers. Usually trips in excess of 100 days. The space intended for laundry installation is far more valuable as storage & pantry than holding a washer & dryer which hold next to nothing.

Every 2 weeks we use a CG or coin op laundry, use 3 or more real sized machines one time & in a few hours all is done & put away for another 2 weeks.

Well, you gotta put all those dirty clothes somewhere! If you had a stackable, you wouldn't have to bring so many clothes so the loss of space is really just a 'wash'.

A washer and dryer is especially important for someone like yourselves, long-term travelers. I can't imagine spending my time in a laundry facility.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

toolttime
Explorer
Explorer
All the time. Donโ€™t miss going to the laundromat when we had our older coach
2015 Thor Tuscany 45AT

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are long trippers. Usually trips in excess of 100 days. The space intended for laundry installation is far more valuable as storage & pantry than holding a washer & dryer which hold next to nothing.

Every 2 weeks we use a CG or coin op laundry, use 3 or more real sized machines one time & in a few hours all is done & put away for another 2 weeks.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a W/D pair (Splendide Ariston)and the DW loves them. We don't use them much for weekend trips but on our beach trips they get used almost every day. Would not have another trailer without them.
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've had a washer/dryer in our last three rigs. Our first fiver didn't have one. We were still working, and most of our trips were about 12 days. We're active hikers. So, lots of dirty hiking clothes and socks. We didn't have enough clothes for the entire trip. So, most of one day was lost to the CG laundry. Screaming, crying kids, dirty washers, etc. Had some clothes ruined because an oil patch worker washed his oily clothes in the washer. Without a washer/dryer we lost another day when we got home washing all our dirty clothes, sheets and towels.

When we got a washer/dryer installed in our second fiver, it was a God send. We could pack about three days worth of clothes for a two week trip! We could arrive home with sheets slept on one night, and the only dirty clothes were on our back!

Now retired, we winter in AZ for 3 1/2 months and take longer trips to Utah to play. We live simply and don't go out to fancy restaurants. We Jeep, hike and UTV. So lots of dusty clothes. We carry about five days worth and wear the same things all winter. Takes some planning but beats the heck packing the MH to the hilt with clothes.

Wouldn't have a MH without a washer/dryer.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Our toy hauler has the hookups for one but I'm thinking when we hit the road we will see about just using the coin operated machines before jumping into the purchase of an onboard unit and taking up space in the garage.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

BlackSilver
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:

I think the difference in wanting-having-needing a washer/dryer is the length of stay in your camper. The shorter the stay, the less you really need one inside the camper, when you are always returning home after a day or two.

Exactly!

On a weekend trip, or even a week-long camping trip, ours doesn't get used.

But (even though our resort has a VERY nice and reasonable priced laundromat) in our 4 month Arizona sojourn, wife uses the stack in the camper.
Hans, Kร˜HB & Colleen, Kร˜CKB
Master Chief Radioman, US Navy
Heartland Big Country camping trailer
3500HD Silverado Big Dooley LTZ Go-power by Max & Allie

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our motorhome came plumbed and ready, but I don't want to give up the storage space. We are full-time and just use campground facilities, or when parked for a longer period of time, use a laundry center in the town where we are at.

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
As I have just recently retired, and โ€œmostโ€ of our camping has been โ€œboondockingโ€, we,be have not used them much. However, that will be changing in the future, as we will be RVโ€™ing more. I anticipate boondocking, for several days (until the soiled clothing piles up), then spend a night in an RV park for the laundry.
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Chainwright wrote:
So most New and roomier Rv's come with a Washer and Dryer or the option.
Did your RV come with a Washer and Dryer and are you actually using it?
Who here uses ther W/D in the RV and Who here just uses the CG laundromat?
Hey, like always, thanks for sharing.

We use ours every day. Doubles as our laundry hamper. Put it in dirty, comes out clean and dry an hour or so later. Our first one lasted 12 years. We are 3 years in with the new Splendide. Wouldnโ€™t be without it.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use ours almost daily. Generally we are at a cg for two weeks at the time several times a year. We always wash small loads so when we get back home all we really have is the clothes we have on to wash an sometimes a towel or two.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

cmsm
Explorer
Explorer
We have a W/D (Splendide Ariston) and use it regularly, when at a FHU campground. Itโ€™s great, I can put a load in, go to the pool, walk the dog or other fun activity & come back to clean clothes.I did the math and we paid for it in under 2 years. I know exactly what has been in the machine.The last time I used campground laundry facilities, the washer looked clean but put oil stains all over my load of whites - expensive to replace all those clothes.