cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
been anticipating our estes park getaway for a month now, and keeping a close eye on the weather. well, as of about sunday, everything changed for the worse. our first 2 days in town look to be perfect, then switching into what looks today to be about 4 days consecutive rain, storms, and clouds.

i realize we have some time for this to all change, but what do you do in these situation? right now it feels like a lot of mud and slop. with a big dog and baby, the combination doesn't sound terribly desirable.

tough it out, make the best of it, hope for the best, or pick up and move along to greener pastures?

lucky for me, a lot of the vacation thrill comes from being on the road and towing the rig.
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE
21 REPLIES 21

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I plan all our trips and usually check the projected forecast for that area. But if we're really interested in going someplace the weather really has no bearing on our plans. We just got back from a week camping in Maryland and the forecast predicted no rain for Sunday but that night it came a monster downpour so you never know.

4x4Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Come West on your vacation. We have to look at a picture to see what rain looks like.

Of course, then the triple digit heat just might put a strain on your AC unit.:B

Bob
2001 2500 Silverado LS 4x4 6.0, 4.10
2007 Jayco Eagle 288RLS
Cocktails for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2
--------------------
End of dirt road, no signs in sight, sun going down: I am not lost, just getting ready to go camping.

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
WE JUST GOT 10 INCHES OF RAIN.

Here, that is defined as 10 drops an inch apart!
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lauren wrote:
Would you please send some rain here to southern Arizona!

Sure. It's free but the container cost a bundle. How much you want?

DrTanTodd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rain or shine, we go and have fun. The relaxation is "getting away". Have fun and don't worry about the weather.
Todd and Dawn
Maddy and Nugget the Cats
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2015 Jayco Pinnacle 31 RETS

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Would you please send some rain here to southern Arizona!
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
ah64id wrote:
A bad day camping is better than being at home!!

Yup, but, don't make the best of it as you said in your original post. That sounds like a conceit. Look at it all as fun! Slide in the mud, run around in the rain, have fun doing crazy stuff! Then be happy you have a nice warm RV to come back into.

Yes, bring lots of towels. Try your best to dry off the dog and the rest of you. Then worry about how to clean it all up after you get back home and have time to worry about little things like that.

Go Camping. Have Fun ! Rainy days can be fun too. Go with the flow.

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had the lawn mowed the other day. Hadn't been mowed in two weeks. One of the pontoons had a hole in it. Should have bailed it for hay. ๐Ÿ™‚
Trying to get son to find a wife who already as two or three boys. Could save a bundle on mowing.
Want to pave road on side, of property. Every time I pick up the phone to give them the go ahead it rains.
It was 72 degrees at four. Be cold tonight probably with snow the way it has been going. ๐Ÿ™‚

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
Rainy days are just part of camping,

wii games, and baking browies ,drink and Red box movies.
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's July in Colorado and we get "monsoon" moisture. That is the flow of air comes form the south and pulls moisture in from Mexico. This year has been higher then usual so we have had a lot of rain in most areas. Yesterday we even had tornadoes in the Denver area but fortunately there wasn't much damage. And yes, the next 3-4 days there will be a high chance of rain, especially east of the continental divide. And cooler temps, 70's in Denver and cooler to the west. You might even see a dusting of snow on the high peaks. So enjoy the views and the area and make the best of it!

Drew_K
Explorer
Explorer
Afternoon thunderstorms seem to be the norm for Colorado during the summer. If you reschedule, chances are it'll be the same. I plan my activities for the morning and early afternoon and then take it easy late afternoon if the rains rolls through.
2013 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel
2014 Open Range Roamer Travel Trailer RT316RLS

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
I'd rather be rained on it Estes Park than be here at work in Dallas knowing the temps will be mid 90's. But wait, its a cool front moving in, gonna have a 80 something degree day this week. No, I'd still rather be in Estes! Enjoy your trip!:C
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
Bring a lot of old towels to dry that dog. ENJOY!

kvangil
Explorer
Explorer
We usually check the forecast before we leave just so we know what to pack. Ran or shine, cold or hot, we just go...
2004 Jayco X23b
2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4