Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Comparing Apples To Other Apples

I went to the RV show yesterday in (where else) Dallas. The Big D. I went with a particular Jayco travel trailer in mind and I also looked at some similar models from other manufacturers. A 37 footer from Grand Design caught my eye. I'm not sure ...

12v issue

I have a 2004 arctic fox 990 camper, the radio stopped working and figured out it wasn't getting power so i found a 12v source and it works. Now the florescent light by the back door doesn't work, its not getting power to the fixture, i'm not very sm...

bluhaven by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

In need for a new DD truck to tow small TT

I need a second vehicle for daily driving, and I wish to get a 4 door pickup truck that can also tow our small travel trailer (3500lb when it's loaded).Is it possible to find such a truck that can tow our TT WITHOUT WDH? (that will be nice....)Will a...

So much for Maxxis tires

Approximately three years ago I bought into the hype about Maxxis tires and purchased a set. The tires were made in 2012.Upon pulling into a campground recently, I noticed a damaged tire, a section of tread was missing and steel belt exposed. The ti...

richy2 by Explorer
  • 67 replies
  • 0 likes

battery replacement time

Time to replace the battery in my Lance 1010. What is everybody using? I have a Trojan ssc 225 it was ok but not great, don't think I want to go with one again.We do a lot of boondocking so battery life is important.

JohnJM by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

How low could I go?

Another newbie question. As some may have seen in my other post I'm looking to possible buy a 2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 290 BHS. One of the things I like about this unit is the fact it has an enclosed belly so the tanks are less likely to freez...

hbrady by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

3M Caulk Remover

I highly recommend the 3M Indoor/Outdoor caulk remover if you are going to re-caulk your TC. I bought a 1998 Lance 945 that was kept in a garage and hardly used but it has the original caulking and Lance used some clear silicone stuff that is nearly ...

macdale4 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

plastic taste in drinking water

I have a 2011 trailer so it has pex pipe.After being stored with rv anti freeze in the lines for about 2 yrs I flushed all the lines and bleached the water tank flushed it a few more times before use.Was on a trip for about a week.I used the tank wat...

kayco53 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

newbie looking for spare parts in Portland

Greetings,New to the forum need some help. I have a '91 Terry 26 footer and I need to replace both doors (rotting and falling apart). Can any one steer me to where I can get used replacement doors? Are doors a 'universal fit'?thanks in advance.

Replacement Parts

I recently removed the booth from our 2014 Bullet Premier 19FBR. I want to purchase some of the original trim pieces. Has anyone attempted to purchase items that you desire to match the original decor? Should I contact Keystone? A local RV Dealer...

usaclark by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Supplemental heat to "basement"

I fulltime RV, and in the winter, if the temp outside gets below 15F, my kitchen sink lines freeze, even with the heated, enclosed underbelly.Does anyone know a good product or method for adding a bit more heat to the underbelly that I can wire in in...