Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

2004 Trail Bay 27 DS Heater Problem

We are the original owners,Just recently when we turned on the heater it made one click sound and will not come on. No blower.Air conditioner works fine.Propane is working.Suggestion on what to look for?Thank you,

2halfs by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Winter Cover Recommendations

Can someone suggest an RV cover for my 28 foot travel trailer? Also, it's ultimate length with tinge is more like 31'. What measurement do I go by? The box (28') or total length? Thanks.

pryan by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Power tongue jack won't retreat

Hello All,Just bought our new TT, Coachmen Freedom Express 29BHS. Went through the 2 hour inspection and everything was tip top. Noticed later I was out of level front to back, probably from extending tongue Jack during inspection. I turned it on t...

hbrady by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacement Rims

Didn't see other posts on this topic so opted for new topic. New to TT traveling and rv.net so be gentle. Had blowout on 1st trip. Didn't notice right away (tandem axle) so rim sustained damage. Replacing with OEM rim is $170. That's a lot more ...

Cruiser RV Indiana & Reines RV Virginia - HELP!

We have a Shadow Cruiser S-195WBS 2011, which we have had no problems with since we bought it used in 2012. However recently the slide would not go out and made a horrible grinding noise. We took it to Reines RV in Manassas, VA where we purchased i...

Torque Flex Axals

Looking for comments/opinions on these. Good, Bad? Looking at possible purchase of trailer with these. Tandem unit. Thanks.

PaulJ2 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Use brake controller to power backup camera?

I just installed a wireless backup camera on my camper (Garmin BC30). To avoid running extra wires between the truck and camper I just tied into the backup light wire of the 7-pin umbilical. Of course this makes the camera only come on in reverse.I ...

hedge by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Chipmunk damage to Chevy Truck

Here is a link to Pictures on Photobucket (hope it works) showing the damage that Chipmunks did to the Insulation Blanket on the outside of the Firewall of my 2500 HD Diesel Truck. They tore the plastic blanket & removed the insulation and put it int...

Need some input; slide does not stay put

Haven't had an issue in awhile, but got one Im hoping someone has some insight on now.My Lance 2008 981 has 1 slide, a full wall (dinette and fridge). After 100 miles of highway driving, with no real rough road, my slide backed itself out 2 inches . ...

nycsteve by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Anticipating Possible Future Replacement Components

Hi Members:. We have a 2005 Lane 1181 and due to its excellent present condition expect to keep it for some time (> 10 years). Can members give me some indication of what appliances or slide mechanisms may have to be replaced in that twenty year lif...

Christl by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Opinions on 100W Solar System

I've done my reading and research and think I have a system figured out. Limited space on the roof of my 815 so plan on going with a single panel. Maximum space available is 52 x 25, but optimum would be 52 x 22 to avoid possible shadows from the a...

kohldad by Explorer III
  • 66 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen door inside latch

Saw a really cool interior release mechanism on our friend rockwood mini that releases the screen door without sliding the panel open. Has anyone tried to modify their current screen door to accept this new style? Looks like it's made by Atwood.

Repair damage from blowout?

So I had the inevitable blowout last weekend. Everything went fairly unscathed except the tarplike material and some insulation. What is the easiest way to repair this to prevent water getting to the plywood?

Floor discoloring?

I've noticed when I have a throw rug just inside my rear door the floor discolors, sort of a dark red. Has anybody experinced this? It seems the closer to the door the worse so I think the sun has something to do with it.If I remove the rug it seems ...

Yet another newbie question!

Getting ready to finally go out on our first trip in the 'new-to-us' TT. We had some serious renovations to do -- read replacing a couple of good chunks of flooring, and some long-neglected maintenance (wheel bearings, systems checks, etc, - but we...