Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

TC Battery Replacement - Upgrade Options

Boy when it rains ... it pours. My 4 year old, non-maintenance free Interstate Group 24, deep cycle 12v battery seems to have given up the ghost. It appears to have boiled on the one side and after topping up with distilled water and charging, it d...

Choosing a hybrid travel trailer

Newbie to the forum. And to hybrids. So my dh and I are looking to get a hybrid the last week of September. I have some particular specs from the research I’ve done thus far. If you know of a camper that fits the following, can you please let me know...

Mammoth ordered! And now in production!

Host Mammoth and Eagle Cap 1165.Ever since our AF slide broke again we have been thinking about a new camper. A new triple slide camper. :C We will be ordering something here very soon. This is a tough choice because both have strong appeal, and it i...

A/C gasket leaked

Fortunately, not much leaked. After a heavy rain Saturday, a slow drip came from one of the plastic screws that holds the filter screens on (Coleman Mach 3). After I got home, it appears the foam gasket has sagged, and the edges have gaps in them. ...

GENERATOR to run your A/C

I posted this here because I'd imagine the pop-up campers would have the smallest A/Cs.What size generator is required to run your small A/C ?

trx680 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad Bendix?

OK here is the situation, my son has a 1998 Dodge 1500 p/u. It will not crank. It buzzes or sometimes clicks but does not turn the engine.So far we've tested the battery with a DMM, it read 12.4 but he had almost run it flat. We went thru a series of...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Titan XD Towing with the 5.6 V8

Just wondering if anyone out there is towing a 32'+ TT with this truck? Very close to committing to a purchase as DW and I want to upgrade from our 1st generation Titan with the same engine. I am told the newer V8 has been upgraded with additional ...

Quadcab by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Gaco silicone roof?

So I have been reading on here for hours about roofs, coatings etc. I found elsewhere on the net a product called Gacoroof silicone roof coating. It looks to have many advantages over other types of membrane coatings. It can adhere to almost anything...

Netboy's Ladder Table

Did anyone happen to save copies of the pictures of Netboy's ladder table. I know I built one for my '05 845, and transferred it to my '06 861. We left the TC world for a few years and are now coming back to a TC. Netboy's website of camper projec...

Tee by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bigfoot 10.4--where's the beef?

So put the camper on scales today, been wondering what the weights were and a few others are probably also. I imagine bigfoot is too. The tag on the back of the camper says 3220 with propane, fridge, and 39 gal. of water. My scales on the floor...

Marcela by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Camp Fly Camp

Been awhile since my last post. This is my new hobby. Flying Paramotor. Click and check my youtube video belowTwo more years 'til retirement then camp fly camp around North America pulling 8x16 feet trailer hauling my Airmax, two scooters and a UTV ...

Visiting Mexico with a truck and camper late 2018

What is the current situation around visiting Mexico travelling in a 3500 series single rear wheel pickup truck or a 250/350 series flatbed truck with a truck camper?Interested in hearing from travellers who have these types of rigs.Thanks

noteven by Explorer III
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Leak advice needed

I have a 2003 Keystone Cougar TT that has developed a couple of nasty leaks over the past 2-3 years. We bought it used in 2012 in fantastic condition. The worst leak is in a storage area, along a wall, under the refrigerator. Coincidently, I replace...