Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tongue weight vs ball weight

Confusion reigns! We bought an equalizer hitch for our trailer. Supposedly it is a hitch that has a tongue weight of 750 to 1000 lbs. However, the instructions that came with the hitch says 1000 lbs max weight distributing tongue weight and 500 lbs m...

Bahcml by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Good fit TV/TT

New to camping and towing, But upon research I assume this is a good fit. New 2018 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel max payload 2440, max towing 17260. TT is a 2017 35' 6800 dry weight, listed tongue weight 700 lbs. Thanks,Rick

RickeyS1 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Comments on GM’s latest truck pictures

Today’s WSJ has a picture of a radical change to the bed of the Chevy newest truck models. Looks like tool storage all along the inside almost to the tailgate. TC mfg are going to have to make radical changes to their designs, plus resale is going to...

realter by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

The Down Comforter That Breaks The Camel's Back

The two 80# gas struts that comes from the factory can barely hold up a bare mattress. It will not keep the underbed storage stay open once bedding are added. I saw the previous owner had a very thin bed spread on it when I was viewing the TT. It wa...

TKW by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

350 vs 450

I am reposting this to make my question clearer. What I meant to ask see this :. I have a 42' fifth wheel with empty weight of 13,590. I am told by the dealership that my 2016 6.2 F350 srwCan pull it according to Thier Ford tow list.I want to get ...

nkc914 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Few short TTs at RV show.

We went to an RV show yesterday and I was surprised that there were very few TTs less than 30 ft. I would say the average was 32 to 34 ft.There were of coarse a few of the 25 ft. models and also some of the 18 ft. and smaller including the retros but...

rbpru by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

TC Fails Pic Dump

I'd like to start a pic dump of TC Fails. I'd to see ones you personally witnessed and snapped a pic of, because you'd likely also have a little bit of a back-story. Now, Google is full of them. If you think you've found one that's noteworthy, tha...

Comparing Ram 1500s

Hi all. I'm looking at replacing my current truck, 2001 F150 Super Crew with a newer Ram 1500. I'm looking at the 1500s because I don't think I will truly need a 2500.We have a 2000 Coachmen 2790TB which has a GVWR of about 7400 lbs. 1500s with the 5...

Travel trailer cover or not

Have a new Jayco ultralite travel trailer parked along side my house. Live in the Willamette Valley, Oregon where winters are wet and cool but seldom below freezing. We will get around 10-15 days of lows in 20's or maybe teens. I have the heat on, in...

1Bozo1 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

poor frame design on travel trailer

On our Crossroads Z1 252BH (year 2016), the a-frame/coupler is mounted underneath the main frame rails of the trailer, rather than butted up to the main frame rails...this configuration results in the coupler sitting about 8 inches lower than it woul...

Truck

So my GVRW is 9200, curb weight is 5090. It is a 2001 Silverado HD with 6.6 Duramax. Am 8 correct that I can haul a camper up to about 4000 LBS.

karl1948 by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

No power to thermostat

Check all breakers and fuses, all works. Thermostat turned off due to broken piece inside the heater. Simple suburban thermostat, any suggestion how to figure it out?Thanks