Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New York to Tennessee

Hi all - we'll be taking a trip from Long Island, NY to the Gatlinburg, TN area soon and I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best route to take? I found 2 different routes using Google, one through VA and another that's about 100 miles furt...

Boondocking On The Way Up (or Back)

We are hoping to travel to Alaska in May/June/July of next year and as time goes by I am sure we will have many questions... One them that I thought of for now is..I have a 2004 Diesel Pusher that has a Engine Heater... Will running my generator at n...

Just_Lee by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Route to Pagosa Springs, CA

Thinking of making a trip to Pagosa Springs, CA from say Shiprock then after the springs to Alamosa, CO or should I go south from the springs, We don't want a lot of mountains or crazy hills with towing my trailer. I have a 4.6 in a F-150 towing a ...

5th Wheel Crossing into Canada

Hi:We are going to be traveling from CT to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. We are staying at the KOA on Lundy's Lane. When I plotted our route through the Good Sam website I got a low clearance warning at Exit 21 after crossing the Rainbow Brid...

northern ontario: 17 or 11?

travelling from southern ontario to vancouver island.im on the fence about which route i should take to thunder bay.17 is MUCH more scenic, 75km shorter, but hilly and windy (as in curves, not moving air).11 is 75 km longer, but flat and straight. i...

RMNP Traffic Delays-All Season

A recent article in the local newspaper detailed that there would be delays this season on Trail Ridge Road for a 12 mile stretch, from the Alpine Visitors Center to Rainbow Curve. Park personnel will be doing road repair and resurfacing and delays ...

Overnight parking west of Chicago/Joliet

We've stayed at walmarts on route 80 (needs to be easy off route 80) but looking this time for something a little more quiet or if you know a walmart that is more quiet.Not too far west of say Morris, IL which I think is where we stayed in walmart. ...

dcason by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Route 6 Through PA

Looking for advise regarding pulling a 40' fiver west to east on Rt.6.Looks like it may be a little more challenging than enjoyable. Thanks for any advise.

Lynden/Aldergrove Border Crossing

Anyone have any experience with this crossing? We're going to Vancouver next month and considering it as an alternative to the Pacific Truck Crossing. I hear it's wider and has better wait times. We'd then take it to 1 and head over to Capilano where...

dtoste77 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Adios Yosemite Tioga Pass "Early" Opening :(

Mike from District 9 sent an email last night."More than 20"of sloppy wet snow fell last night". I guess from Ellery Lake westward. Caused avalanche hazards. My guess remains a hopefull 8 July opening.Mike wants to retire down here and I guess never ...

From Texas: OK/MO/AR or Arkansas/Missouri/Illinois?

Driving up to Bolingbrook, Illinois from Texas(Streetman--Richland Chambers area) for a wedding in late July.I know that US 69 in Oklahoma can be rough and I also know that IH 40 past Little Rock can be rough and full of trucks.Can't decide which rou...

Chattanooga shortcut

On my way south on I-75 I'm considering cutting the corner at Chattanooga and taking TN 60 at Cleveland south to reconnect with I-75 at Dalton. I'm a 36' DP with toad. Is that direct route likely to present excessive excitement? Thanks.