Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Gasoline supply in south?

Any info on status of gas supplies in Southern coastal areas, !-95 corridor ? Heading to Florida shortly from NY state. Thanks any info.

jgolden by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Top of the World Highway

I've asked this before in here and felt OK about the answer but now I'm in Dawson Creek BC just getting ready to start up the Alaska Hwy tomorrow. I want to go to Dawson in the Yukon Province and go across the Top of the World Hwy to Tok, AK. I am to...

DayOff by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Durango to Flagstaff-hwy 160

Going from Durango, Co. to Flagstaff, Az. Per my atlas, hwy 16o is pretty well a “scenic” route. Has anyone taken this route and is it worth not dropping down to I-40? The route looks pretty desolate so a small concern would be if I developed mot...

El Paso TX Bypass?

Are very familiar with just staying on I 10 through town.Wondering about the new bypass:375 northU.S. 54 north3255/MLK north turns into NM 213West on NM 404/Ohara back I 10 @ exit NM 162Google map shows it only 3 miles longer than staying in I 10 al...

wolfe10 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Million Dollar Highway today (Sept 22)

We towed our 34' fifth-wheel from Ouray to Durango, Colorado today. The first time we have towed that route on US 550. It was a great experience. The golden Aspen Trees were the most impressive we have ever seen--anywhere. That was between Ouray and ...

padredw by Nomad
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping World in Birmingham

My husband is driving our truck camper back to Florida and i am looking for an overnight place near I-65 in Birmingham. I see that the Camping World there has overnight sites. I called and was told there are hookups. Has anyone stayed there and can t...

eimac99 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Hey 20 info

Hey, not taking my 5er this time but will be headed toSalem Oregon and want to travel across Oregon from I 84 from Onterio Oregon to Salem. Info like is it a good road, things to see, any thoughts. 5th wheel staying home because of back problems and ...

okiejoe by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Rt 54

Anyone ever take hwy 54 from Wichita,KS to Tucumcari,NM to pick up I40 on into Az. Any feedback would be appreciated. We only drive about 6 hours a day, but would this route consume so much time going through small towns as to not be advantageous.

rdjmm by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Route 299 in California

We would like to travel from Redding to Crescent City. GPS says route 299. Is this route doable with a large fifth-wheeler, 44 feet?. We just did Route 89 in Lake Tahoe and it was pretty tight. The camper bottomout twice. We would like something less...

CA 199

We are planning on driving CA 199 from Grant's Pass to Crescent City to go to Redwoods National Park. We tow a 34' 5th wheel. Anything we should be aware of? Have you driven this route recently?Thanks!

Route from I-5 to Oregon Coast

I have a friend coming up from California (Lake Shasta) and he wants to get over to Hwy 101 and come up the coast to Newport He has a 35' Gasser with Jeep toad.Wha is the best route for him to cut over?thanksRon

lanerd by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Cedar Rapids to Orlando in early November

Hi everyone !I will be heading to the Orlando FL area for the winter and I'm curious on what you have found to be the best routes. I don't mind driving on the interstates but actually prefer other nice roads. I don't drive fast enough to make the s...