Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV Park on Marco Island or Anna Maria Island

Hello,in July we are in Florida for two weeks, and we are looking for an RV park direct on Anna Maria Island or Marco Island, because we dont want move our RV from the park! Unfortunately I can not find any information about itMany thanks

Mickybz by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

nascar at Watkins Glen

Looking for any real life info on staying at the track for the nascar race at Watkins Glen. Bought tickets and assigned a spot in the reserved camping area already. We have been to a few races elsewhere but never here and never overnight with the c...

maxtay by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Yosemite NP Announces Entrance and CG Fee Increases

clickyYosemite National Park Announces Entrance and Campground Fee IncreasesA summary of the fee increase for all the fee categories follows. The single vehicle entrance fee will raise from $20 per vehicle to $25 per vehicle for the month of March 20...

Winhall Brook COE. South Londonderry, Vermont

Were thinking of doing a long weekend there next summer. Like the idea of kayaking, fishing, hiking and lots of nature near by. seems to get good reviews too.Anyone ever been to this campground, how was the place? anything else to see in the area? DW...

South Louisiana landing spot recommendations

My wife and I will be going to Houston, Tx. over Memorial Day weekend for a couple of days to see the new grandbaby. After that we plan to go to Louisiana for a few days before heading back home. We are looking for a good general area in which to sta...

Cup_fan by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Northern California Redwoods late March

Looking at heading south to Northern California the last week of March to early April. We'll have 9 days with travel from the Olympic Peninsula in WA. Haven't been to northern California and the Redwoods since we were kids.What are your favorite camp...

Seattle/Olympic NP/Vancouver or Banff/Jasper NPs/Vancouver

We are hoping to fly west this summer. We are entertaining a couple of options. Both would include going to the Vancouver area. One would be to fly to Seattle, drive to Olympic NP and the San Juan Islands and then fly back from Boston. The other ...

Crowe by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Pirate Cove RV park Needles ca

Has anyone used this camp site. General information will be helpful. Read the web site but would like a real time comment from people who have been there Thanks

Bill-R by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Trinidad Ca

Can someone recommend a nice RV Park with full hookups in Trinidad Ca.I was ready to make reservations at Sounds of the Sea but after reading some of the reviews I got a bit disappointed .If someone has stayed at this place could give me their input ...

leesan by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

looking for a Florida lot

My wife and I are headed to Florida on Wednesday. While there, we'd like to look at possible lots to purchase. We would prefer central-ish, perhaps Gulf side; nothing much above Ocala or below Fort Myers. We like the Leesburg/Clermont area. We would ...

Parking in the yard club ?

Last summer searching around the net, when we were thinking RV I came across a club where everyone allowed travelers (RVers) to spend an overnight at their homes. This year we've gotten serious about a motor home.. Does any one know what I'm talki...

Snowbirding and beach or pier fishing.

Hoping to get somewhere warmer for a couple of months next winter now that I am retired. Am I asking too much for some sun,warmer than here (Southern Ontario)and the chance to catch something from the beach or a pier? Not fussed where we go, just war...

moll672 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes