Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Panhandle help

If you had five nights this fall to camp and never been to the Panhandle of Florida where would you go and why? We have a 30 ft TT and my DW loves the beach, me I just like to get away but I do love to try new places to eat. Thanks for your help, no ...

Anyone use a trailer?

First, I have to thank people for their advice, as I am a relative novice to boondocking, although I keep an eye out on various spots (Q and the Slabs, although I probably won't be out that direction anytime soon.) Sometimes I see something on a Fac...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Ft. Desoto Park..

Has anyone stayed at Fort Desoto Park Campground that could tell me if its a good place to stay for a day or 2?? I heard someone talking about it ,but they could not fill me in on the campground.. Are the sites large ? I see that they are water and...

St. Andrews State Park, Florida Questions?

Just booked 5 nights at St. Andrews State Park near Panama City, Florida during the second week of March. It's our 30th anniversary week, and decided to take 2 weeks this year and get a good long vacation from work. Originally we were looking at Sout...

Leaving Tomorrow

That noise you heard wasn't wind, it was my sigh. We're ready finally.Trailer and truck are loaded, the dog is at the door. How the canine version of the dumb blond knows is beyond me. This January ,I changed axels from #3500 to #5200, new 16"wheels...

Any reason to go across the boarder in Yuma?

Planning our time in Yuma. Trying to decide whether to take our passports. Is there any real reason to go across the boarder in Yuma other than to say been there done that? Don't need dental work or anything like that. Might buy a bottle of tequila. ...

Indoor pools

Are there any RV campgrounds with indoor pool and hot tubs?

trtog7 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Tell me about Ajo, Arizona

Planning on stopping in Ajo for a few days. Our expectations are: we love history and architecture, birding, hiking, mountain biking, easy to moderate 4wd roads, etc. We are not arm chair snowbirders. Growing up is not an option, there is no future i...

12 volt mattress pad warmers

A couple years ago there was a thread on this forum about 12 volt mattress pad warmers, and as it turned out, nobody was making them anymore in any sizes except very small. Those of us with full-size or larger mattresses were out of luck.I've just di...

Everglades

Will be going to the Everglades later this year, and would like to hear others' experiences. Booked a place to stay in Florida City.Can you spend at least 2 days in the park and at that particular entrance. which would be the eastern side. Thanks.

Indoorpools

Has anyone found campgrounds in either Arizona, Texas or Florida with indoor pools and hot tubs?

trtog7 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

RV'ing in/near Yosemite in 40 Motorhome

Hi there everyone, DW and I have a 40 foot Allegro bus with slides on the Drivers side. We'd like suggestions on what camp grounds we should look at if we want to visit the Yosemite Valley as part of our camping in the area. We would be coming from t...