Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Replacing Recliners in my 5th wheel

My 5th wheel has two Flexsteel swivel rocker recliners in the rear of the coach and I have to move one of them into the entrance area in order to bring LR slide in. They are very heavy and I want to replace them with lighter recliners that will be ea...

rrbowman by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Level and Filler

[img][/img]My battery box is very crowded with 4 six volt batteries. I had to remove everything to check the water level. I finally got tired of this and worked up this solution using scrap plastic fitting. The unit sits on the fill hole with a VOM m...

attuco by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Carriage plans with king bed?

Did Carriage have any floor plans with king beds that weren't over 35ft actual length? It's hard to find floor plans for years past on this brand. Thanks!

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Raptor 332ts cargo weight

I am looking at buying a 2014 Raptor 332ts and am concerned about a couple of things. The cargo weight (2845lbs) doesn't seem to be high enough for a toy hauler and was wanting some feedback from someone who may have dealt with this. The other questi...

Why are XLRs lighter

Ive been comparing a lot of the toy haulers and trying to find some that will be 3/4 ton towable. I know the pin weight is the real issue, and most of the 37"+ toy haulers all see to be too heavy with pin weights over 3K. But there are a number of ...

newbie storage question

I thought I saw a FAQ on where/how people store stuff in an RV, from food in the fridge to equipment underneath. Apparently I'm not using the right search term. Could anyone point me the the right search term/FAQ?Thanks!

jeep cherokee in hauler??

hello, i have a slightly modified jeep cherokee xj and from my measurements it will fit in my 28' foor blazen hauler just fine(i will have to crawl out the back hatch). i got to reweigh it but i think it was 3400 with me in it.will the axles and ramp...

Yippie!

Picked up the new fifth-wheel on WednesdayMy trailer was nice to tow, but this felt so stable and backing it in to my spot was not all that bad and while it is not a difficult spot, there are some ill placed trees to make it a bit more complex.Now I ...

Emergency in Mesquite, NV

I'm hoping there is someone in the area that can help us out. Your help will be generously rewarded. It's a long story, so please bear with me. We left San Diego yesterday on our way to Park City, UT for a much needed vacation. About 10 miles outside...

5th Wheel Hitch

I have been thinking about moving to a heaver rated 5th Wheel Hitch. We currently have a 16k Husky Hitch in our 3500 GMC DRW pulling our Jayco Pinnacle. Our Pinnacle weights about 15,400 lbs. loaded with a pin weight of about 3,500 lbs. The Husky hit...

Rob_Fla by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lifting fiver

Hello everyone, need to pick your brains. I have an 06 Silverback, it has brackets at front and rear of leaf springs shackles and two more holes to be able to lift the unit. Would it handle a lot more different than now, meaning would it sway more a...

Ryeguy by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

A different tire question.

The tires on my 5th wheel are like new as far as wear is concerned, but they are nearing the expiration date for tire age. My current tires are Michelin XPS ribs. We are shareholders in a seaside resort that's 160 mile from our home and this is th...

bedroom slide flooring

Has anyone had to replace the bedroom slide flooring because of water damage, 6" worth on the outer edge of the slide. Is this a repair or is it necessary to replace the entire floor. 09 Mobile SuitesSemper fi

Tpms

Just bought a tst 507. And may I say I like it. But losing signal from time to time. Need a repeater. Question is where do you guy mount them and power them . Thanks Bob