Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Awning fabric tear?

Over the 4th we went boondocking and while wandering through the trees my awning got a 2 inch tear by a dead limb on a tree. The awning is only two years old. It is in the white colored part. What is the best way to repair it?

Duke-44 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof Repair...

Hey allWhile going up top to clean the roof on my '98 Jayco Eagle 293-RKS... I noticed THIS ...Any tips on how best to repair this ? Where can I get that thick goop-sealant stuff that originally held the membrane fast to the trailer ?Thanks !Scott

Dometic awning question

I have Domestic 9100 series power awning on my Sandpiper. I did not get a manual for the awning and the manual will not download from there website. My question is what are the black knobs for that are on the bottom rails on each side of the awning...

New Rapture Toy hauler

I just retired and bought a new toy hauler. My first trip is to NM for a 3 week long hunting trip. We will be dry camping where we hunt. I have a ton of questions. First one is securing my atv in the toy hauler. I figured I would set parking break, a...

schl44 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

gray water tank

Our gray water tank seems to be clogged up. The galley part had water coming up through the kitchen sink drain. We just figured the tank was full so when we drained the tanks the water was still in the kitchen sinks. The camper is a Couger 318 sab an...

v2k1966 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Slider hitch issue - Need Help!

We have a slider hitch. After moving the lever from towing to maneuvering DH holds the trailer brakes so that he can ease the truck forward and the hitch will slide back into position slowly. But it sticks in the towing position. When he applies e...

Reader1 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Jeep rentals in Moab??

I know this post probably doesnt belong here, but oh well. My family and I will be in Moab, UT in a couple of weeks. We are thinking about renting a Jeep to do some little back country driving and sightseeing. Could anyone recommend a company?

Dexter wet bolt repair

Having installed the system several years ago, and paying close attention to installing the grease hole in the bolt in a horizontal position, I've begun to have difficulty in greasing the bolts that mount to the hangars. Even after removing the tire...

slomark by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Too Good to be True, or is It?

I came across a 5er for sale by private owner on a vacant lot today. It is a 2011 Heartland 32 RE for $29, 500. It appeared to be a nice unit, 3 slide-outs, satelite system, electric levelers on the rear, 32" TV and a phony fireplace. Looked it ov...

springdale 5th wheels

I am wanting to make the jump from a TC to a 5th wheel only issue is I need to double tow a 25' total length boat. Wife will only make the jump if the floorplan is a bunk house. I have been searching and the local dealer sells cougar which I can ge...

clotus by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Satellite

Have a 34 foot fiver and thinking about satellite. Any thoughts on a roof mount or portable? Also Direct or Dish?

SDM by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

AC Duct dripping noise

I have a Keystone Cougar 5er and I seem to always have a dripping sound coming from my ac vent in the front room. I do not see or feel any water. It makes the most dripping sound when the ac is on and for a brief time when ac shuts off. It tops af...

Ems142 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cleaning fresh water tank with bleach

I had black colored mold on the inside walls of my fresh water tank. My friend put in 2 cups of bleach and blew air into the tank to move the water around. The walls of the fresh water tank were clean by the next day. How many times do I need to f...

Rubber roof damage

We purchased a Crossroads Cruiser in March and have used it once. This link:https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=24e4d8823492b873&id=24E4D8823492B873%21140&Bsrc=Photomail&Bpub=SDX.Photos&sff=1&authkey=!AOxGVd-3NU7W_Roshows damage at the edge where the roo...

My tire story

We have owned our 2012 Jayco 34' 5er for about 1.5 years now and at best guess before this last trip the trailer had maybe 5000 miles on since new. June 6th we headed out for a 3.5 week trip throughout the rockies. Total trip was about 4800 miles. A...