Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Do I need a hitch lock?

Has anyone had a FW stolen, as opposed to broken into? Can't say I've read about such, bumper pulls yes, FW's no. Will be traveling out west over the next dew years, hope to do a bit of boondocking.

Padlin by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

question about a really rough ride

Just returned from 5200 miles South Dakota to Oka and then back east. Route 80 west on the way out and 70 on the way back.Our first long trip and we experienced some really rough riding. On the concrete roads the truck wash boards up and down really ...

rfrsrrv by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

enter the 5th wheel

Dear RV.net'ers, I'm going to look at a 2004 Jayco Jay Flight, 28.5 ft with slide out, 5er. We are a family of 5 and really excited about the prospects of this camper working out for us. We'll be upgrading from a 25ft wilderness tag along. I attached...

Winnebago Fifth Wheel

Does anyone own a Winnebago fifth wheel? We just purchased a Voyage 29RWSS. We would appreciate hearing about your experiences.

Lucyc858 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can a broken wiring harness affect the furnace fan?

Hey guys,Long time lurker.. first time poster.Is there any chance that a broken wiring harness from the trailer to the truck could cause the furnace fan to run constantly?Back story.. I have a 1988 Terry Resort 245 5th wheel trailer. When I put it ...

vehicle weight ration to trailer weight?

I'm looking at my cat scale receipt from this month .All is good but the gross weight is 21460 the trailer axles is 10420 combined the steer axle and drive axle is 11040.I have more weight on the truck with the pin weight so the truck is heav...

EZ Lube and repacking the bearings

Tomorrow I'll be repacking the EZ Lube bearings on out her. I've packed wheel bearings before, but never with the EZ Lube type. It seems the the EZ Lube mechanism will be in the way to remove the castle nut? does anyone know of a youtube video or som...

Slide out making noise and not moving

Looking for any info on my problem. I have a 1999 fifth avenue by thor 5th wheel. The one slide dose not want to go in or out. The motor/ screw acuator is a Thomson Saginaw Peformance Pak. The part number is 7828696 and is 12 v with a 18:1 gear ratio...

Bunner by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide motor

Where can I get a motor for the slide out on my 2011 wildwood toyhauler 5th wheel?

mhooser by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Haulers using cables for Ramp Door (Screen Room)

My Toy Hauler has the Eye-Bolts welded to the frame, to enable attaching cables to use the ramp door as an extension of the interior, but there is no attachment on the door. What is the best way to attach the cables to the door so it Will not damage...

New to Us Surveyor SVF260BH - Question

We bought a used 2008 Surveyor fifth wheel. Just off to the bottom left side of the main entry door is a hole for a crank handle. Whatever is on the other side of the frame where the handle fits into some kind of mechanism is hidden. We thought perha...

battery vent box

hello fifth wheelers I have a 2011 heartland sundance and would like to change from 1 12volt battery and go to 2-6volt battery.I did this before with my travel trailer with no problem.my front compartment were they will go is seal right now. I need v...