Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Trailer Life helps perpetuate the 1/2 ton towable myth

Any of you see the current Arctic Fox Silver Fox Edition 27-5 review on the front page of the online Trailer Life? If not, here's the link: http://www.trailerlife.com/camper-trailer-news/silver-lining-arctic-fox-27-5l/#comment-152038. Tell me how =...

laknox by Nomad
  • 65 replies
  • 0 likes

Opinions on new toy hauler

Hey everyone ! Looking into moving up to a toy hauler . Current RV is a Cedar Creek. It is 38' long. Leaning towards the Voltage series. Any comments or recommendations that could be about the same quality as our CC. UI understand they ALL have there...

PFM by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

First Fifth wheel..

I just purchased my first fifth wheel..I found a 1987 Automate,34 foot in good condition for what I feel was a good price. The rig is a clean,well maintained one-owner. Travel trailers have always been my thing,towed them for many years. I got this r...

Question about install kit...

Talked about this briefly in another post, but my husky rail universal install kit didn't state to bolt the front base rail to the frame for my year and model truck, only to the hat channel under the bed. Now looking at this custom install kit I see...

Tv antenna

I am looking to update the tv antenna on the camper,it has a Jensen omni direct antenna and does not work very well,had better reception with our old camper and bat wing antenna. Looking for input. Thanks

99x by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

We are so new at this; need information.

We have a 1999 Fleetwood 30' MH, good condition, have been having a hard time finding a toad for it. We're thinking we'd maybe find a 5th wheel a better fit. We've only taken a few short trips in it.We're an older couple, wouldn't be taking family ...

susanka by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Landing gear on 5th wheel

I have a 2007 30' Cougar 5th wheel. I want to replace one of the landing gear on the front. They are electric. It looks easy to do that and that is what bothers me. Usually if it looks easy its not. Its badly rusted from a battery problem. Any help t...

tire wear and axles

I had a crossroads cruiser fiver with 15" and 8 ply tires. Had several tire wear problems and had some alignment done and still was having problems. So I decided to trade and I got a new Jayco Eagle with 16" and 10 ply tires with Dexter axles. I ju...

AWNING REPLACEMENT.

Greeting: I'm trying to locate where I can get my 5er's awning replace. I just need the fabric not the entire mechanism. I know at Camping world you can get the whole thing, but there's nothing wrong with the supports, etc. I live in the Los Angeles...

Double layer skylight in Carriage Cameo question?

I am in the process of re-caulking and sealing everything on my roof, and decided to replace the skylight dome over the shower on my Carriage Cameo. I have now found out that there is an inner and outer dome on the Carriage, but that the inner dome i...

NHIrish by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

First time out -Ouch!

Decided to take out our new to us 5er for the weekend. I SHOULD have known from the beginning it wouldn't be pretty.To start with, I went to the storage lot around noon to start the Norcold fridge so it would be cold before we took off. Wouldn't yo...

New to 5th Wheel and looking for information

Long time RVer, but my first 5th Wheel.I have a 2001 Jayco Eagle 293 with 2 slides. The GVWR is 11,500. I don't have a TV yet and want to make sure I get the numbers right before purchasing a TV. I had it delivered to where I live and have plenty of ...

Loading weight & distribution on a 5th wheel

Hi folks,Just bought our new 5th wheel - and our first fifth wheel being former travel trailer owners so we are new to this. I have a question from seasoned owners as to loading a 5th wheel. I hope I can explain myself:When loading goods on a fifth...

IH_Fan by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Putting a cover on the RV

Just wondering what everbody's thoughts are on a cover for the rv when not in use or for winter storage ? Here in Alberta we can get some cold days and lots of snow with wind.why I am asking the question is we spend all this time and money on polishi...