Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Class C I am considering for first purchase - advice?

I am still looking for my first class c. The one previous I was looking at sold. Tomorrow I am looking at a 2002 Gulfstream Conquest Ultra 30' with two slides and 42k miles. Front tires are from 2005 and rear tires are from 2008. He claims no leak...

tmaxx by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Air Suspension question

We just bought a new 2015 Holiday Rambler Ambassador diesel. I'm not familiar with diesel engines or air suspension / air brakes and am getting different input from different people. Here are a few questions:1.) How long should you let it idle to '...

Vacuum Flush question

Does anyone have experience with the Vacuum Flush system? The panel turns red when it's not OK to flush (when water pump is active), and green when it's OK. I've caught ours twice now hung up on red. The first time was hours after the last flush (...

Electrical problem

just bought a 1999 holiday rambler imperial 40' with a cummins 350hp. 37,000 miles and has been sitting for a couple years. On the ride home I noticed when turning the headlights on the guages flicker and the coolant temp went 1/4 higher. At first...

Increased power for Chevy 3500 Class C

We recently bought a 1999 20' Chateau on a Chevy 3500 cutaway chassis. We love everything about this RV. Just took it on a month-long trip out west and everything works as it should. The engine is a 350 and runs perfectly. Only problem: after mov...

water heater

I just purchased a 1997 Dodge Roadtrek 190. It has a water heater but nothing I am seeing in the manuals tells about how to operate it. There is an on/off switch on the wall but I'm a little afraid of burning it up if the water is not in it. I have f...

emme54 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Finally insurance I can live with.

Over the past 5-6 years I have tweaked my National Interstate Insurance almost every year trying to keep the price down. Ten years ago I started out with replacement value and a $5K diminishing deductible for around $1200. Price did not change much ...

Ivylog by Explorer III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

should I consider older diesel pusher?

Hi. I'm not sure if I pasted the link correctly. What do you think of this rig? Looking for something that is comfortable to take family on long road trips. Any idea on reliability or mpg?1998 FLEETWOOD AMERICAN EAGLE 40' DIESEL PUSHER BUNKHOUSEhttp:...

RedJeep by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

2001 36' Bounder questions

Bought a 2001 Bounder yesterday. After we got home we did a more thorough look. I know about 6v GC batteries for "House". Would like to have 4 but so far have only found 2.Here's the rub. I think the durned thing has just the 2. No 12v chassis batter...

Stranger by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Availability of replacement keys for Winnebago Chalet

Hello from the UK!I am new to owning an RV but have owned European Motorhomes for a number of years and before that European caravans.I am in the process of wanting to buy a C class RV, max size 8 meters or 27feet due to storage and access to places ...

MH test drives

Last week I test drove a 2009 National MH and a 2013 Tiffen MH both on the Ford chassis and 32 ft long. Both had plenty of power (13 sec from 40-60 mph). I am in Fla so I could not test them on any hills or rough roads but the ride seemed smooth and ...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Would like to hear from Georgie Boy Pursuit Owners

I purchased a 1997 / 1998 Georgie Boy Pursuit I have managed to track down some of the info on it. It is a 1997 chassis assembled in Mexico. I traced the vin number. The coach is a 1998 The chassis is a ford F-53 and the coach is a model 3512 SO No p...

mhbell by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes