Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

House battery being overcharged????

1994 Calista Cove MH. Book says charging system will sense fully charged and not over charge the house battery. After being hooked to shore power the volt reading at the battery terminals is 14.2 volts which seems like too much. ????

Heated compartments

I have a 2004 Southwind 37C. \I am planning to leave for Florida the first week in Jan. I have not winterized it yet since we will be leaving in just a couple of weeks and also because I just returned home from a trip to Florence, S.C. last weekend....

Williamh by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford 460 V8 oil consumption

I have a question about all y’alls experience with oil consumption in Ford 460 V8’s. Do they by nature tend to use more oil than smaller engines? The reason I’m asking is that my 1994 Ford 460 V8 with 58,000 miles on it, over the last 1,000 miles, us...

Question about carrying a spare tire

Give me some opinionsAbout 5 years ago I bought 6 new tires and took one of the better old ones and put it unmounted up in the storage bays. That thing takes up a lot of room under there and is pretty heavy. I am thinking about taking that spare ti...

n4hwl by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide won't go out, 2000. , Intruder. ,fixed!!

FIXED My living room/dinning room slide won't go out.It is a powergear. Two new Interstate batteries installed, fully charged. Can hear clicking when switch is activated. How do I manually open slide, for access to motor. I don't have a manu...

chucl66 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

GPS

I'm on my second GPS. I'm not saying the first one was old technology but it did operate on steam power! The one I have now is a Garmin nuvi 2595. I have never been able to successfully convince it to go the route I want rather than the route it pref...

Exceptional Customer Service

Often, when something doesn't go just right, everyone is more than eager to chime in on how bad that company's service is and most often its about repairs. This week I had a very good experiance with customer service at Camping World and thought I sh...

security in RV parks

Would like to know if anyone has experience with park security in South Texas down towards Brownsville and Harlingen

joema62 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Winterization question

We paid CW to winterize our class C. As part of the winterization procedure should they have dumped the black and grey tanks? It appears they did not dump the tanks and now they are frozen. I find this very frustrating in that in the previous ...

Mike_NW by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Aqua Hot Questions...

for a MH "wanna be".We are considering a coach with the Aqua Hot system (I have read the operating manual) and are trying to find out a little more about it, so thank you in advance for any responses. Without laying out a litany of questions, here a...

Dirty Generator

My Generator sits in the back compartment behined the rear wheels. All that road spray,dirt and grim keep the generator filthy, I have blown it off a few times with compressed air, just wondwering what others do. I am afraid to use water hose my get ...

booty51 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Long Term Stay at Fort Wilderness

I see that several members are staying at WDW Fort Wilderness for a month or more at a time. We just returned from a week and a half there and are wondering if there is a reduced or "special" rate offered for long term stays or for "Snowbirds".Thank...

MoHo2 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes