RV Cooking
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Induction Cooktop opinions

Hey All! I know this topic has been up before. I thought maybe someone had some new opinions. I was reading Amazon reviews. It seems some of the 1800 watt models are superfast powerhouses but can't seem to get to a lower temperatures, (simmering, mel...

Go_Dogs by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Shrimp Boil

Im not sure where I got this recipe from but its wonderful. We throw paper bags and newspaper on the table and just dump the boil onto the table. So good!A shrimp boil is the party equivalent of a Creedence song: only a true jerk could find fault wit...

Egg mini muffins.

Crustless Egg MuffinsFound this and tried it. Hooked. Next time I'm going to just use regular eggs beaten a bit.

peanut butter eggs

Does anyone have a tried and proven recipe for peanut butter eggs?I know you mix alot of confectioner's sugar with the p'nut butter. I have no idea what else goes in them. Then you dip them in melted chocolate.I googled and found some recipes but I...

raindove by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

17 Unexpected Foods You Can Cook In A Waffle Iron

None of these are waffles. All of them are delicious.Makes me want to take our waffle iron with us.http://www.buzzfeed.com/caitlinmorton/17-unexpected-foods-you-can-cook-in-a-waffle-iron-a3z1?sub=2315055_1297084

Stainless Steel frying pan

Just threw away another Teflon coated frying pan due to Teflon coming off and decided to try an old stainless steel pan. Every thing seems to stick even with cooking spray or butter and the clean up is terrible. Do these pans have to be seasoned like...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Camp Coffee ?

Sad but true confession. I've lived in the electric world for so long I've forgotten the old school formulas for camp coffee.How much water to coffee? Does it alwayts have to be a full pot to brew?

Salad in a jar

I saw this idea on FB this week and we tried it. In a one-quart mason jar, add dressing first. Then add anything you like - peppers, cucumbers, radishes, mushroms, cranberries, sunflower seeds, cheese shreds, etc. Lastly, not touching the dressing, a...

eabc5454 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep spices dry

Has anyone figured out away of keeping your spices ie. salt, onion powder, garlic powder from becoming a clump of spices in the jar? I've tried the rice in the salt container with no real results.

LT_E5 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing like a good BBQ when camping

I just wanted to share an awsome thing I found on the net. I usually barbecue chicken or steaks or hotdogs etc. I found this battery operated rotisserie that you can take anywhere and it is easy to set up and use. So far I have cooked a roast, Some c...

dutch oven measurements

I have been using dutch ovens for several years so this might sound like a stupid question. Is the size measured at the top or bottom? I am considering trying some liners to simplify clean up when dry camping so I need to get the right size. Also,...

pinesman by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting ready to use Dutch Oven for first time

We purchased a Lodge Dutch Oven brand new factory seasoned. My question is do I need to season it again before I use it or is the factory seasoning good to go? The hard part is to determine which recipe to use because there are so many good ones out ...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Volcano stove and Dutch ovens

(only 2 posts come in search and don't address question) For those that like to cook around the fire and have a Volcano stove. How do you like it? Is it built sturdy enough for Dutch oven use most of the time? Legs look weak to me. Would you buy an...

path1 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes