RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Burning Rubber Smell after towing Ford Edge

I've noticed a burning rubber smell on my 2012 Ford Edge, that is evident only after I unhook from the Coach and then drive the car for 10-15 miles. It smells like a burnt belt. Car runs fine and I've had it into the Ford dealer with zero results. Th...

strudeau by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Dual Cam Setup

I bought a old style (U-Bolt) dual cam setup. I was installing it and noticed that where the second bracket goes is in the steel propane tank base. So I measured it up and drilled some holes through the base and bolted it up. I went to go put the ...

NCMODELA by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

tongue weight

Ok,there is so much info out there about how to get tongue weight with all these calculations and charts.my question is if I take trailer to ODOT scale and just put the tongue on the scale wouldn't that be the actual tongue weight?

torn awning and broken step.

Just this weekend our awning tore right near the seam closest to the rv wall. The rip is about 12 inches long. What can i use to repair it? Right now some duct tape is doing the job, but could i use a vinyl repair kit? also the metal bar that extend...

Retired NY fireman saves the day!

Long story short, DW misplaced her $600 reading glasses while switching over to sun glasses. Looked everywhere for five or six hours, finally gave up. We were scheduled to depart the next morning, so after hook up we looked everywhere again with no l...

50 amp at 30 amp pedestal ?

We are considering a new TT that has 50 amp. We stay a lot in state parks that are only 30 amp. Would we just use an adapter. Will this cause any issues with things working and running. The TT has 1 15k ac unit but braced for a second should we want ...

Cecilt by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Pump Issues

Working on a camper and I am having a issue with the pump. It will not bring water up from the fresh tank. I though it was a bad pump so I replaced it with a new one. When the pump is on, it will only pump a little bit of water when a facet is ope...

chrizg by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

What type of laminate (hardwood look) flooring in RV

Hi folks. We have decided to replace the carpet in our little C. We put the carpet in when our little dog got old and needed better traction than the lino could afford. We are looking for a medium colour, floating type, something like the Pergo produ...

Happy with MPG

Just drove 1180 miles from Liberty IN to Colorado Springs. 15,600 gross combined and my little 5.4L got 8.9 MPG. Truck DIC said 9.5 by the way.

lbrjet by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

What the heck, let's go camping!

Ever have one of those weeks when you realize you can move things around and get a 3-1/2 day weekend?Yep! That's us. One quick trip to Drs and unless he says no, we're heading out tonight with the camper, fishing poles and canoe :BUnplanned trip, so ...

WD If Delivering Trailers

I once considered delivering trailers but decided against it. But a question came to me that I never got an answer to. What do you do about WD? The factories don't ship them with hitches that the dealers remove, do they? :@

cekkk by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Has anyone successfully painted Eternabond?

I am attempting to change the color of some eternabond. I sprayed a test piece yesterday and it turned out pretty good color-wise. However, I'm a little concerned about the paint flaking off after I install. Anyone have any personal experience?