RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Junking an Old RV

After 40 years of use, I believe it's time to throw in the towel on our first tt. Being at a seasonal site, it hasn't had a license plate for years, plus it has the original tires. My question is: what options are available, for example, junk yard, p...

Amazon camperforce

Hi all, To those of you who have worked at Amazon, how did you prove you graduated high school? Did you get transcripts or a copy of your diploma? I have my college diploma but not High School.

How Fast For 12 Inch Tires

I have a small utility trailer that I just purchased. It has 4.80 x 12 tires. How fast can these wheels actually go with out burning up the bearings? I don’t need the “legal limit stuff” guys. Real information please.

SweetLou by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Starting over

My wife & I were commenting a couple weeks ago how we have gotten so busy the last couple years that we only camped 2 weekends last year & haven't been out this year. I decided to put my HD 2500 GMC on Craigslist for a grand over retail just to see w...

Winnebago motorhomes-Is there a rear window option?

Does Winnebago offer a rear window option on any motorhomes? We would love the floorplan for the 2014 Minnie Winnie 25B if it had a rear window over the corner bed. We have always had a rear window and I do not want to give that up!I have studied th...

anno3 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Atwood Water Heaters

Just wanted to compliment Atwood on their customer service. We had a problem with our water heater and called Atwood. They were very helpful and diagnosed our problem over the phone. They were knowledgeable and did their best to get our problem fi...

Refrigerator temp

We are planning to take the ferry to/from Newfoundland/Nova Scotia and were debating which route to take, 7 hours or 14 hours. Our question is how long will the refrigerator/freezer retain adequate temps if we add ice? Propane has to be turned off ...

junmy3 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Explorer for towing

We just bought a new travel trailer. Manufacturer spec is 4,000 lbs dry weight. Now we need a tow vehicle. We are considering a 2006-2010 Ford Explorer with V8 engine and class IV WDH. Does that sound adequate, with some left over? I know that GVWR, ...

Chaos by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Campers who bully and badger

We're at Moccasin Creek SP GA this week. We saw an episode this week that just about outdoes any other acts of rudeness and barbaric behavior we've seen in all our years of rving.First of all let me say that Moccasin Creek is a great park and it's th...

axle rating

I'm looking at a tow dolly. Confused by GVWR is 2700 lbs. GAWR is 3500 lbs. Can I tow a car that weighs 3900 lbs? GVWR suggests no GAWR suggests I can. ?????

Skylight

I am replacing my skylight over the shower. There is about 5" ofrubber roofing folded down into the opening. Does anyone know if there is reason for that or can I cut some of it off to let in more light?Thanx,Bill

Extended service plan

Hi All,We have a 2007 Itasca Suncruiser 38T. The extended service plan(Star) we bought with this coach will run out 8/13. I'm looking into a new plan. Good Sams just emailed me to get a free quote. I have two questions: 1. Any suggestions on companie...

michbill by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Damage to fiver due to road construction

Monday, Memorial day May 27, we were s/b I55 in MS just north of exit 271 in Desoto Co going thru a construction zone. Cruise was set below the speed limit and I was in the right hand lane. We came off of a bridge and experienced a rather large drop ...

Frmundr by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Short Tow with WDH

Hi all,I'm looking at purchasing a private used trailer (24') long and it doesn't have a WDH and sway control with it. My TV is a Toyota 4runner which has a short wheelbase (109"). There is a trailer dealership approx 20km's (12 miles) away from the ...

Ridger by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Farewell

After 10 years of RV'ing, 8 years of solo Finally Fulltiming and lots of workamping, I'm now going to be Finally Fully Retired.It was a great experience & I'm glad I did it, but I think it's time to settle down. Have traded the RV for a car, bought ...