RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Mid of the nights stuff and other things by RVers

Done some pretty weird things like Black Tank Sagas but last night was a dozer as n nearly asleep. Got a it of a skin rash. So sometime in the middle of the night I got up to spray some antiseptic on it. Surprising how close a can of spray cooking oi...

down_home by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

weather radio

looking for a portable weather radio with noaa and am/fm bandssaw some with hand crank charging and batteriesanyone ever use any of these on the road? thanks in advance

thoms by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Patrol TPMS

Does anyone have the RVI Tire Patrol TPMS, if so what are your comments. ie. why that system?

95impala by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Best GPS or trip planner to avoid low bridges

Hello All,I am not sure if this is the best place to post this thread. Moderators feel free to move as needed. We just purchased our first fifth wheel. It's a Keystone 315 RLS that DW fell in love with. She insisted on a 2nd A/C unit for the bedroom ...

solman by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Dolly Towing a 2020 Chevy Silverado

Hi allI’m in the middle of deciding what to tow behind my Motorhome. I’m wondering if anyone has experience pulling a newer model 4wd pickup on a tow dolly? This is what I’m trying to do - I am looking at a tow dolly that has the capacity to tow my ...

Berkyeng by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

2013 Ford Fiesta dingy

I am looking at a Ford Fiesta 2013 manual transmission to purchase for my son. The previous owner used it a dingy. The car is set up to be towed and to also tow something as it has it's own tow hitch and the hardware is still there from being towed. ...

Tire flat spots

We are planning on taking a small trip this summer. The camper has been setting in the same spot at an RV park for 2 years now. Is flat spotting of the tires a thing? How long does it take for this to happen? If I were to jack up each side and spin t...

Rough Road Towing

:R Man has anyone towed that concrete stretch of I 24 west of the Hopkinsville/Ft Campbell turn off? There are some spots where the dirt is squishing up between the cracks in the crete. Guess I will build up the courage to look at the under cariag...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Manual or electric trailer dolly?

Does anyone know if any places rent a trailer dolly that will hold a 950 tongue weight trailer? I need to maneuver the travel trailer into sorta offroad territory into a tight spot in the back yard.

Matt1221 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Investing in "EcoPro Products" Protection

We have purchased a new small TT. The dealer just called and asked if we want them to do the EcoPro Products protection. There is an exterior shield that protects painted surfaces from damage caused by road debris, stone chips, insects, etc. and a ...

Reader1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for old RV fridge repair in Boise, ID

I have a late 1970 travel trailer with a 2 way fridge that does fine on Propane but does not get cold enough when plugged in. I am trying to find someone in Boise, ID to take a look and let me know if there is any hope of repair. Does anyone have a r...

Question -- "It's Full" Gifts for RVers

What's with it on all the "S**tter's Full" stuff I see at Amazon, Ebay, etc?Someone please explain. I don't get it. What kind of gift is that for an RVer?In the first place it doesn't make a bit of sense to me (or to any of the other RVers I've asked...

dcmac214 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Questions on battery setup for enclosed cargo trailer

I am looking at purchasing an enclosed cargo trailer. I have a 5th wheel RV and understand how the battery gets charged and operates when breakaway is pulled but looking at this cargo trailer I don't know where the battery goes or how it would get ch...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes