RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tire plugs

Just curious about what the general opinions are on plugging a tire as opposed to patching it.

salem by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow vehicle miss match

While on the road I allways looking for miss matched tow vehicle and trailer. Today I saw one that was hard to believe! ( wish I had gotten a photo) This was a BMW sedan pulling a 23 to 25 foot travel trailer with ass end sagging way down. Wow! What ...

snowpeke by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Black Water Tank Treatments

Just curious as to how long it takes for the drop-in holding tank treatment pods take to work? Does it do any good to drop one in if you will be dumping your tank within a few days? Do those things act that quickly or are they meant for longer peri...

jbrack by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Angry wannabe RV police encounter

Sunday July 7 we were driving south on US 101 below Yachats Oregon. If you are not familiar, it is narrow and winding with no passing lane for a stretch.The suggested speed signs for the curves are 20-40 mph and I took them at those speeds. There are...

Slate_CM by Explorer
  • 65 replies
  • 0 likes

Axle Weight

Should combined axle weight be greater than rated GVW? In my case my axles are rated at 4400(x2) 8800 and my GVW is 9680.

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

NC variety vacation land

It really is. You can have breakfast on the Outer Banks, and Supper in the mountains. Just today I had breakfast on the beach, and lunch in the foothills. In another hours I could have been in Boone. Not many states you can do tat in. California is o...

Switch to houseboat?

Has anyone ever considered switching to a houseboat? I'm getting tired of these 50 buck a night campground fees. Everyplace we go there's a nice lake to stay on free. W'd stay for a month or so. I'd have to pay for pump outs, maybe a launch fee or tw...

Dometic fridge

Sorry for the hasty post as I have been trying to figure this out in between work and just wanted to see if any of you guys had some ideas? We recently acquired a 1988 kit companion camper. My dad bought it a few years ago, lived in it for month and ...

TriMark Door Handles - Please submit failures !

The Trimark 1650 door lock failed on our RV. My RV is a 2017. We stopped to get gas, I got out and it worked fine, filled the RV up and went to leave and the striker on the door latch had failed.If that has happened to you please go to this website a...

apr67 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Season's over

Well, the season has has come to a close, at least for us. Life is full of season's, one ends, another begins. We've both been camping for about 68 years and now because of my back issues and her dementia, our camping (life) season is coming to an en...

Insurance- Needing Commercial if Used as Office?

Hey everyone! New to the RV life. Have not bought one yet but getting ready to. My question is about insurance. Does anyone have commercial on RV? Does anyone have a business out of it and use it as an office? Im told I cannot get regular insurance i...

itrina1 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

(update bought Hankook tires)

I purchased a utility trailer 6x8 to haul my two scooters (1000 pounds). It came with the cheapest Carlisle 13" bias ply tires they make. This trailer will be pulled at 75 mph for up to 14 hours at a time. Thinking of upgrading to the Carlisle HD 13"...