RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

TST 507 tire monitor system

For those who own this system, what is the sensor life you are getting? How long do the batteries last? And are you happy with the system? I have the 510 system now, but want to be able to change my own batteries. Thanks in advance for the answers.

Excessive receiver/shank play on new truck

Have a new-to-us '12 GMC 2500HD and tow a TT with Reese DC WDH. I am guessing hitch play has been discussed ad nauseum. The truck has a heavy duty trailering package option with a 2" receiver insert.There sure seems to be a lot of excess play. I m...

Hitch Help Needed - Transfer Old or Buy New

I have a pullrite slider hitch mounted in my 2016 F350 dually. I’m purchasing a 2019 f350 dullay with the puck system. The dealership has agreed to transfer the current hitch to the new truck but I’m thinking it might be smarter to purchase a hitch ...

Wjohns02 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Fireplace heater beeping

We have a new Rockwood with a Titan electric fireplace heater. Every time you hit a button on the unit or the remote it beeps loudly. I've read online about disabling or removing the piezo speaker and wondering if anyone has done this. I assume...

Need list of states where Walmarts have wine!

This is what I have so far:ArizonaCaliforniaFloridaIowaNew MexicoDoes Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Wyoming, Nevada, Oklahoma or wherever else have it? Got to keep hubby in cheap wine! Not paying for the pricey stuff...just box stuff.Donna

dcason by Explorer
  • 67 replies
  • 0 likes

Parking at Walmart

Wanted to leave my 5th wheel and TV in their lot at Fleming Island,Fl, just south of Jacksonville. I had shopping to get supplies,on my way South.Was leaving next morning. Was told, NO, it would be towed if supervisor for outside, Amanda, saw it when...

Ford V-10 plug problems

If a spark plug on a older v-10 blows out of the head, can it be driven to a repair shop or does it have to be towed I was told if you can stand the noise it can be driven. Want 2nd opinion.

kvh4636 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

How many seconds to extend your slide(s)?

There was another topic in which a member here asked about the criteria for buying a trailer. He asked which internal features (fridge, etc) were covered by the slide when in. Some of the feedback was to just take the 15 seconds to extend the slide,...

Tire question?

I often see experts on here saying that if you have one flat you should change all four because of the "overloading" that occurs on the other three.I am putting on new brakes, how do I jack it up so that additional stress won't be transferred to the ...

pitch by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing car on a trailer

We've just purchased our new to us motorhome after having had a 2001 Expedition back in 2002 when we flat towed a vehicle.This time around we will be purchasing a car trailer to tow our vehicle that weighs 3800 lbs. What specs should I be looking fo...

Battery maintenance

I am fairly new to RVing, having purchased my trailer a few months ago now. When we purchased the trailer, our dealer offered a standard 12V lead-acid battery or as an upgrade, two 6V GC2 deep-cycle lead-acid batteries. I went with the upgraded 6V ba...

RonRN18 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Displaced Camp Hosts in Colorado?

Just curious: with all the snow still keeping many Colorado campgrounds closed, how many Camp Hosts have no place to stay, or have any idea when they will actually be able to report for work?Do you know of any, or are you one of the Hosts without an ...

Storing tools for the RV

We all know how important it is to carry tools so we can modify and fix any issues with our RV. What is the best place to store the toola' in RV or in the truck (also the tow vehicle). I keep mine in a toolbox in the bed to the truck as when I have ...