RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Pennsylvania Non-Commercial Class A License Questions

In the future I've been thinking about moving up to another 5th wheel and 350 or most likely a 450 Dually. I will be in the combined weight rating of 28,000 lbs which per Pa law states I must have my Non-commercial Class A License as stated:CLASS A (...

Reese Steadi-Flex Hitch

Hi All, Brought a new TT and was planning to purchase a Reese Stead-Flex. It is sort of a clone of the Equalizer. Instead of metal to metal contact, the Reese Steadi-Flex has two surfaces for each of the bars that are "automotive grade friction pads"...

cruz-in by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Finding Exterior Wall Studs

I did post this question several months ago but got no reponse so, I thought I would throw it out there again. I have a aluminum sided trailer with wood construction. I would like to locate the exterior wall studs. I have a quality electronic stud f...

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

What to use to brighten rv?

What do you use to brighten the outside of your RV (typical filon gelcoat siding) to me it looks dingy and not bright anymore

suprz by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Got acid on my roof.

Im an idiot.I mixed up a batch of commercial grade ac condensor cleaner and climbed up the ladder with the spray bottle and hose in one hand. When I reached the top I set the spray bottle on the roof and it was leaking a very healthy 2-1 batch of cl...

Equal-I-zer Hitch issues

After doing of research on Weight Distribution hitches to replace my older Eaz Lift one and decided to go with the Equal-I-zer 4 point sway control hitch. I pull a Rockwood Mini Lite 2109s weight roughly 5200 pounds loaded. Had the hitch installed ...

New To Dinghy Towing

I finally gave up my tow dolly and invested in a tow bar and base plate from Blue Ox for my 2019 GMC Acadia.The base plate and tow bar work great, but I am having a problem getting lights to work. Does anyone know which wires go to the stop, tail and...

New Coleman Travel Trailer AC issue

So we bought a Coleman trailer less than a month ago. Our 1st stay in it, and there was no air blowing out of the ac vents. Cold air was being pushed through the "cold air shower", but not through the vents at all. It was extremely hot in the trailer...

Using EZ Pass while towing

We're about to tow our Jeep behind our motorhome for the first time ever, and I realized, I have no idea about one thing-- is it possible to use our EZ Pass anymore when we go through tollbooths? The motorhome has an EZ Pass; so does the Jeep. But I ...

Drop commode seal question

In my unit my commode has been swapped out. It’s a full size Dommetric sorry about Mis spell. Straight drop. To the issue I need to replace the seal around the ball. Question can this be done without removing the commode from the floor.The unit wil...

rickhise by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

EZ pass

Do you have to purchase your EZ pass from your home state? May have a use for one this coming July but not in home state.

jcsb by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Pressure treated lumber

Just wondering, will pressure treated lumber do any harm to the RV's tires if they stay on the boards a long time 6mos or more? I have always used non treated lumber, but I was just wondering

suprz by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes