RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Expedition Towing Camper

I posted this question in the Tow Vehicle forum as well, but after looking through this forum thought this might be the more appropriate place.I am considering a new travel trailer. It is 31 feet long with a dry weight of 6,544 lbs and a carrying cap...

Storing Your RV

We've recently moved into a new home - downsized into a smaller home on a single floor. Good move for us except that I no longer have an RV shelter. We can park the RV off-street here at the new house (just barely) but I considering using an RV sto...

Toad wobble

On return trip to Gig Harbor twice at low speeds we experienced a wobble severe enough to stop the coach in traffic to inspect. Found no indicators of what might cause this coach shaking wobble. Towing with Falcon tow bar 2016 Ford Edge. Have towed t...

i got lucky

local trip booked this weekend (long weekend) there are 4 provincial parks within a few houws drive that we frequent. reservations had to be made months ago. long weekend this weekend at one, extended family campout at another for most of a week at t...

Jebby14 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda stick shift as a toad?

The list of available stick shift automobiles available as toads is decreasing every year. In 2019, Honda lists a Civic and a Fit that can be towed. Does anyone pull one of these down the road 4 wheels down? What are your impressions?

RVROSE by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Those dang mineral streaks

CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE !Seriously, I have tried to scrub away the mineral streaks left by the rain, and particularly on the nose cone. I did not want to use anything abrasive, and tried a number of cleaners plus plenty of elbow grease.Tod...

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Break down in Souix City. Friend needs a TT tow.

A good friends son is broke down just outside Sioux City on 29 Northbound near rest stop, approx. 10-15 miles out??. He needs the TT towed to a safe place. Thanks all. David Any help would be appreciated!! Let's make sure this youngster...

ENG2242 by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Toilet Replacement

I had started another thread pertaining to an apparent leak I have in my Thetford toilet https://homecarechoices.org/toilet-seal/. It is an Aqua Magic Style II with porcelain bowl. I was contemplating changing it to a Dometic 310 or 320. Has anyone d...

Buonies by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Dolly ??

I have a 2006 Vue FWD and I know it can be flat towed but, this weekend, that is not an option. I do have a Master Tow tow dolly that should work but I am wondering if anyone has used a tow dolly with a Saturn and what one might need to know.My other...

Now we have, "double post" police

Come on guys, this is the type of foolishness that causes good folks to go to other forums. If you see a double post, just report it to the Mod, they don't need your sarcasm. If you really feel you can do a better job, become a Mod and prove it.

East Texas love bugs

Considering traveling over to the Nacogdoches area this week. Could anyone give me a report on how bad the love bug infestation is at this time.

dalej by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone ever use one of these

Wife showed me a video of filling 1lb propane tanks using an adapter like this. Propane AdapterAnyone use one of these? Does it work as advertised?Mike

Walaby by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing the Sidekick w/ a pickup

Our 1995 Sidekick needed a replacement engine and a lot of interior fixing up and I just didn't feel like spending several thousand and a lot of time doing the work or paying to have it done and I sold it.Many of reasons we had the Suzi were centered...

Cat Scale front Axle is #360 more than rear axle this ok?

Hello all. I am new here and just weighed my set up. 2013 GMC sierra 1500 4X4 with W.D.H. and Fully loaded truck and trailer with empty water tanks.I see my front axle is 360 LBS heaver than the rear is this ok? Steer Axle 3480 lbsRear axle 3120 lb...

kc8suj by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes