Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sometimes it's the little things...

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Nailed the set up today!

Backed into the site, right where I wanted to land on the first try, with no spotter.

Got out and checked side to side level...bang on perfect with no need for blocks.

Unhooked the truck, walked to the side level and noticed I nailed front to back level on first try too!

Wish it happened more often. ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH
16 REPLIES 16

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
I had that happen for the first time the last trip we made in July. Of course my wife hurt her neck at work the week prior, it got worse, and we had to leave early to go to the doctor. I counted my chickens before they hatched! ๐Ÿ™‚

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you didn't post a picture - it didn't happen! ๐Ÿ˜› Seriously - good job!. The crack about the concrete site was a good one!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
For me, winning the lotto would be considered lucky. The other stuff is just something you do as part of the RVing lifestyle (I don't rush it, that's all).
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Good Job!! . I think maybe three times this happened to me in my entire life. Most pads are sloped here in Oregon to allow for water run off.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Always nice to get it right the first time. I find the large sites more difficult. Too much room. No trees & stumps for reference points to get around.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Did you buy a lottery ticket? ๐Ÿ™‚

He used six months of good luck with the trifecta. No sense spending good money on a lottery ticket. In fact, he's overdue for a squirrel to chew through his wiring.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you buy a lottery ticket? ๐Ÿ™‚

Homer1
Explorer
Explorer
The satellite dish set up the first try is almost like a trip to Shangrila. It does happen occasionally, but most of the time it is a headbanger. I feel so sorry for my poor wife when the thing does not go well. Then I usually find I forgot to do one important step. My wife will put that step on a check list for the next time, then I forget a different one. Time for my medicine.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
That only happens when no one is watching!
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
guidry wrote:
And yet, when that happens, no one is around to see! But when you mess up, everyone is around watching!

Exactly.........

I've done the trifecta on a few occasions.

Then folks driving by shortly after see me doing the 'Happy Dance' and first impressions are hard to over come :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been able to do that with satellite dish just by eye balling it quite often. Reward myself with an early beer.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
And yet, when that happens, no one is around to see! But when you mess up, everyone is around watching!

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
A trifecta! That doesn't happen often enough. Cool.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
Parking on concrete works, eh? ๐Ÿ™‚
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8