Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Refrigerator question

I just replaced the control board to my dometic refrigerator. I need to know what is the accepted refrigerator and freezer temperatures are. This board has an adjustment on it and I would like to get it close to what it is suppose to be with the temp...

n4hwl by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

GARMIN RV 760

Looking for good and bad and tricks to programing. I have had mine for a month or so and really love it but have not really put it through its paces with the RV since the RV is in storage for the winter. I have had a few Garmins before this but all...

RVER by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

School me on these solar packages

I'm trying to do some more research on investing in portable solar panels. From prior discussion I've come to basic feeling that maybe 200 watts sitting in the sun for the day would suffice to offset the average usage night. That said, I've found a...

KATOOM by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar

I noticed recently quite a bit of play in the tow bar's joints while disconnecting the Toad. I had the Tow Bar looked at during one of the Perry FMCA rallies and have used it traveling around 20,000+ miles since then. Anyone experienced concerns like...

faucet1 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Winter Battery Maintenance

I have my two house batteries and my coach battery on maintenance chargers for the winter. Should I keep them on the chargers all winter? Take them off periodically?I checked the water levels in the batteries and a few were a bit low. Is this normal?

Fauxqui by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Furnace shuts down when driving...

I have an Atwood 15/22k btu two speed Excalibur furnace (with auto ignition) which seems to operate flawlessly, except that it won't stay operating when underway. Any ideas are appreciated.Best Regards,3 tons

3_tons by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

dometic/duotherm thermostat

I'm and try in to replace my analog thermostat with a Coleman/ mach thermostat is this possible? The duotherm thermostat has a broke slide dial I hooked the Coleman thermostat up with cooresponding colors and I have nothing working can someone please...

diesel fuel milage

In the January issue the letters column has an article about fuel economy with a diesel engine where Ernie claims 17.3 MPG. As I write this letter, we have a '03 Ford F350 with 3.73 rear axle that is getting a 'tune up'. EGR, a bad injector, etc. We ...

Ponzo by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting solar panels to Converter

Is it possible to connect the output from my charge controller to converter instead of direct to the batteries? I have the PD 9100 series that has two sets of pos and neg terminals on it.

sdmotor by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Interior halogen bulbs

My coach has ceiling lites that are pin-type and are burning out. I can't seem to see what wattage they are. It is a 2011 Winney Adventurer. Any info on the wattage and product number is?

Need tire advice, TIA............

Greetings:I just won the lottery.Really.I have been fighting Michelin and my dealer over the tires (LTX LT225/75 R16) that came with my new 2011 Forest River 29' Sunseeker Class C. The unit only has 972 miles on it, including 434 delivery miles.NYS ...

Drawing or Charging From Different Batteries in a Bank?

I can't remember (if I ever knew) why you are supposed to have the loads and the chargers all on the same battery posts in a bank.Say you have three 12s in parallel. What's wrong with having an inverter wired to one of the 12s, the converter to anot...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Vinegar cures leaky toilet

Our toilet was leaking slowly. I tried a little Vaseline on the gasket, no help. I felt around the rim of the disc that seals the hole and felt some calcification on the edge. We put a couple glugs of vinegar in the toilet each night to slowly lea...

garlic by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio interference

I recently installed an auto CD player and new speakers in my 5th wheel. For power I ran a dedicated fused 12 volt line from the bus bars in the battery compartment. Everything works great until I start the furnace and get a lot of interference thr...

74vette by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes