Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Locking cover for electric trailer jack?

I searched around for a bit, on Google, and here as well.. but is there anyone that makes an aftermarket cover for the operator controls on my electric tongue jack? I know I can disconnect the batteries and remove them, but just wondering if there ...

towing in Grand Teton NP

getting really excited for this trip, unfortunately still 1 month away. We're going to Deadwood, then to Grand Teton NP. For that drive, what would you recommend for going into GTNP? I have a small TT and TV combo, and I'm not too worried about ste...

New truck for me??

On the 12th someone stole my 2002, Silverado 2500HD. The insurance company called last night and advised I was getting a check for 10 grand, which was more than I paid for it. So now I have to buy another truck to pull my Grey Wolf 26DBH, which I bel...

GA1dad by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C tripping the breaker

Tough question here...Our 3 year old Coleman Mach air conditioner started tripping the breaker this week. It started Saturday. Breaker tripped. Reset, started and tripped again. This went on about 4 times. Shut it off, let everything "settle," c...

Picked up my new toy!

On my way home after I grab a few items from Fisherman's Marine. Got her first splash in the Columbia today, she does 45 mph with three adults.

Vinsil by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

repair fresh water tubing under trailer

During our last outing, after hooking up to the water, we experienced multiple leaks coming from under the trailer. Ended up not using water for that short trip. BTW, the trailer had sat for a few months before this outing. Our next step will be to...

pbbm511 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

New Forum Chapter/Title called "Trip Report"

Not sure where to post this since its mainly for a moderator. Lately I've noticed folks posting Trip Reports in various places here, i.e. Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels, Roads and Routes, etc. Has anyone though to maybe having a separate forum title c...

TIE DOWN BAD FIT RAM?

2016 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW, wheel to wheel running boards/steps. I ordered TorkLift tiedowns and installed them. The end that the insert goes into was very close to the step support at the front of the bed. I drove from Houston to Maryland, loaded the B...

Ram owners; Ram 1500/2500 ownership question

I've been doing a bit of research about my next truck. We are looking at an older Airstream to restore for retirement travel; weighs about 7,000 loaded. The trailer will be paid for cash, so we have a good bit to spend on a more comfortable truck. I ...

norfla71 by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Oscillations, whats the cause

Went on our shakedown cruise this weekend, everything went extremely well, the forgot list is very short, and nothing that a stop at any grocery store couldn't cure. Also had an eye opening experience at the scale, something I didn't expect. Anyhow, ...

Acdii by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Tork Lift tie downs suggestions

This is a recurring issue for me; I clean up the tie downs, repaint them, run a file over them, etc...but they still are difficult to install/remove. I have to carry a small sledge.I am considering greasing the bars (messy) to help them slide in/out...

billtex by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Brought it home!!

Arctic Fox 25RI have the 2 easy chair option. Also added twin 6 volts, 150 watts solar, Onan 3600 propane jenny and 2000 watt inverter. I can reheat coffee in the micro wave without penny or 110!!

_DJ_1 by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

kz 16RBT Screen Room for Awning?

my wife wants to add a screen porch/room area to our KZ 16RBT. I believe the awning length is 10'. Does anyone here have a recommendation for a (hopefully not too expensive) brand or source for such a thing? I imagine it might require not using th...

JimNH by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Anti sway bar question

I have a lot of movement with this heavy camper so I'm looking to replace the stock anti sway bar with a Road Master. Anyone out there know if they come with the end links or did you use the OE ones? And, anyone have an F350 that has installed one? ...

Finally did some work to my 7.3.

I have a 2001 Super Duty with 140K on it. It's towed my Jeep great, but with the addition of a 2000 LB truck camper it's been a little sluggish and won't hold overdrive on steep inclines. After a lot of consideration, I decided to do some performance...

Mike008 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes