Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Fulltiming in a TC?

My wife and I are fulltimers and have a 40' Heartland Landmark with a Chev 3500HD DRW 4x4 LTZ...and we want to downsize to a TC. I really like the Host Mammoth.....and yes, I'm doing my research on GVWR issues, etc (that will be a different post).I'm...

slborba by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Ripping out my Bathroom

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/micheal_can/library/This is the latest "Modification".I now have somewhat more solid floor. I plan to jack up the rear wall so that it is not sagging and then support it.Thoughts? suggestions?When I am done, A bed wi...

Siding needs repair (Wood and Fiberglass)

There you have it. Water damage caused the exterior wall to swell pushing the fiberglass outside the lead extrusion and the wind caught it on our last trip causing it to separate from the wood with some tearing and one small piece resting somewhere a...

Pop-up TCs and Bear Boxes, etc

So as I've been making reservations for our trip to the Pacific Northwest, one of the sites includes a Bear Box to keep food in. I understand that is a MANDATORY USE if you're a tenter; probably a smart thing if you're a popup trailer camper; but wh...

stupid question

My Wife and I are new to the camping adventure so bare with me on this one. We have used our 2004 keystone outback 28BHS about three times this summer and every time when I dump the black and grey tanks it seems to not want to totally empty out. Of c...

pk54 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Blue Ox Sway Pro reviews

We may be changing trailers. New trailer will be 30 ft. and 10K GVWR (Arctic Fox). Presently am towing with a Reece Dual Cam.I am open minded and am looking at the Blue Ox Sway Pro.I would really appreciate any advice, experience, pros or cons on thi...

Air Conditioner Current Draw

I just bought a new TT and it has a 15K BTU Dometic air conditioner. The Jayco I traded in had a 13.5K BTU Coleman (Airxcel) unit.According to the manufacturer's specs the 15K Dometic draws less (13.2A) at full load than the 13.5K Coleman/Mack/Airxc...

Torklift Stable Loads - Install

I know many of you have questions on Torklifts stable loads from time to time. Thought I might share my instilation process, and what I've thought of them.Hope this might help.click link:Blog report on Torklift Stable Loads- Install

Propane Leak When Connected to Power

Ran into a nightmare this past camping trip. Smelled a leak on our previous trip and tried to locate it before this last one. Did the soapy water with tanks on and found nothing. Figured it was something else other than tanks or pipes.When we set up,...

Weight distribution bars

Hi, selling my TT and looking for some input. My sale includes hitch weight distrubtion bars, and anti sway bar. The prospective buyer, was asking about details on the weight distribution bars and that I should have details on that. Says they need...

eskins by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Gluing Rubber

The top rubber strip on my slide, lays over the top of both side rubber strips on my slide out. I noticed that one side is glued and the other is no longer.It is a simple fix, but what would be the best product to use....is the answer too obvious, ...

egarant by Explorer III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Gonna Buy A Slide Topper

I haven't measured yet but I think the driver side slide of my TT is around 40" deep and about 9' long. I'm going to get a slide topper awning for it. The pax side slide is under the RV awning already.Anyway, any thoughts on what to look for and wh...