Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Yes I did it, 2015 F-150 and 35 foot TT

2015 F150 Crew Cab 157" WB Max Trailer Tow2015 Keystone Sprinter 295 Dry Weight 7830# GVW 10300#This post is strictly for those who are looking for real life experiences towing big trailers with a half ton truck. I have seen several topics that seem ...

Rear window curtain

I made a curtain to cover the window of the camper door. It is the width of the screen door and is attached with velcro to the screen door frame. It's much more handy than the black plastic cover that snaps onto the door, and I can easily see what ...

Dewclaw by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Deposit on a Travel Trailer?

What is the customary deposit to put down on a TT when ordering one from the factory through a dealer?I've been working through CW, and at first I was asked for a $5000 deposit.Later (negotiations still ongoing through email exchange) she said a $300...

ecksdude by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone have a GM 1500 with Max Trailering?

I'm trying to figure out if I can go from a 2001 GMC 2500HD that is starting to look old to a 1500 with the Max Trailering package. I have a Cougar 30RKS. I have a Equal-i-zer 4 point hitch. I have weighed my trailer and truck. The only thing I haven...

hello im new here with a new TT

Hi, Im Mark here, I had a SnowRiver truckcamper for 10 years and it was been great. the last 3 years my wife was getting sick of it due to claiming over the cab and falling off the steps. I did had a hard time over the cab too cuz of my back and knee...

mdw60 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Dodge Ram trucks buyback ordered

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration just ordered Fiat Chrysler to buy back 500,000 Ram trucks and Jeeps. (link)This is an FYI, not a flame on Chrysler. Not trying to start a brand wars thread.

What's the fascination with trailer bearings?

So I've seen many, many posts over the years about checking hubs with IR guns for excessive heat. I've even seen posts where people check their hubs every stop. :EMy question is why? I have never seen posts where they talk about checking their TV whe...

Question for the Ram crowd

A co-worker just bought a '08 Ram w/ CTD and 74,000 miles. That's all I know about it. Is there anything I could pass along to him to either check or be on lookout for? Tips? Good/bad/ugly?Thanks in advance again.

ACZL by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Old school setup

Saw this guy yesterday puttering along. He probably bought both the trailer and the car new. Looks like a mid to late 70's Buick. He seem to be under control well but never got over 70kph in an 80 zone. It held its speed up some fair hills too. Could...

Camping World Service problems

I purchased a new Jayco TT from our local Camping World 3 months ago and have had nothing but problems with their service department. I just picked it up today after they have had it for over a month, just to fix some warped paneling in the bathroom...

Fnp5150 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Discount offf RSRP for 2015 model

What should I offer for a 2015 new trailer. The dealer has it at about 30% off now . How much more is reasonable to ask off?How about store credit or hitch work? How much?Thank you

Wood frame Walls vs. Aluminum

After a little over 1 year with our trailer our expanding family has us considering up sizing. Some of the new trailers we are looking at are wood framed walls, so what would be the benefit or downside compared to our aluminum framed walls we current...

MorMJS by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Thermostat upgrade help

I had a new 15k btu ac installed in 2012 and an analog thermostat was installed. I've ordered a new digital thermostat with control box, and according to Dometic, I have the correct one. However, the wiring is totally different. The current analog...

clev by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

WC840 on my megacab..questions

Hi all. In the never ending quest to buying another RV we keep going back to a TC like we had before. Some background first.We (wife and three boys, 10, 7 and 5) have been in many RV's over the years. Both before the kids and as they have grown...TT'...

Vinsil by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes