Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New owner of travel trailer- looking to equip

Please anyone on some guidance in equipping my new TT for month long trips.We are trying to create a list of what to put in it, i.e. tools, cookware, eating utensils, etc. Probably need most guidance on what tools to carry. Thank you snook

snook7 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Bullet Premier Coupler Hight

I am going to pick up my new Bullet Premier 30RIPR next week and wanted to ball park my Equal-i-zer. I have been searching around the net and am guessing the top inside of the trailer coupler when level is somewhere between 22 and 24 inches. I was ho...

black tank odors after storage

we have a small hybrid TT with small tanks - a "weekender" really. Last time we were at a site with full hook ups (which was fortunate, since I got some kind of stomach bug and took full advantage...)This time we are back at Chocorua with no sewer ho...

JimNH by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Towrig led body lights

On my Jeep we call these Rock lights. Wife and I consistently pull into campgrounds in the dark. I had standard lights in place. Previous amp draw was about 30amps. With led its about 8amps. The LEDs are also brighter with better coverage. I used che...

wcjeep by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New (to me) Truck Camper ?'s

So decided to take the plunge and get into the truck camper world. Been doing a lot of searching and his forum is truly an asset for a newbie. Couple questions though for you experienced guys.My truck is a: 2005 2500hd SRW SB 4x4 Ext-cab w/8.1 & All...

LineC by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Should have got the longbed

When I bought my 15 Ram I got the SB as it would be my DD and used to pull my TH.I got the 3500 as I knew I would eventually get another TC.Even though there are many SB TCs, The Ram only has a 6'4" bed which creates a pretty good overhang for any TC...

Adding Storage Space

Always need more storage in our '05 AF, so I started a new project last weekend and finished today. Copying “somewhat” the storage area under the shower in the new AF. The '05 has the shower drain running through that area but it's still a usable ...

Joe417 by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

traveling with water tows better?

This seems odd to me, but I have come to the conclusion that towing with a full fresh tank of water, the trailer actually tows better. Anyone ever experience this before?It's not night and day better, but just seems to be better. I am concerned abo...

RoyBell by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

tire pressure

Hi to all from Denny and Ida, Just wanted to throw this question out. I have got 20in destination A\T tires on my dodge ram 1500 and we pull a outback 5th wheel with it. If any one has these tires what pressure do you have them at. Thank you!!!

dennyida by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

I have a noob question please.

I am a total noob. I am trying to educate myself. Let me start my question with telling you about my setup. I bought the 2015 Ram 1500 4x4 Eco Diesel with trailer brakes and Air Ride. I bought this rig because of the amount of diving I do. I put arou...

ThgilnE by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Jayco Eagle 284BHBE - second AC?

Hello all, another newb question:I'm looking at purchasing a Jayco Eagle 284BHBE. This trailer is ~34 feet long and comes with a 13.5K A/C.What I want to know is this: I assume the stock 13.5K BTU A/C is not optimal, and therefore am getting it upg...

ecksdude by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Soft floor in basement model

2005 Citation Basement model 1050The floor is soft, spongy, and squeaks when walked on. I suspect that the between foam is breaking down,but I don't know what to do about itAny idea how to repair??

Amigo81 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Just added a Truck Camper!

We've had Travel Trailers, tent trailers (and here I really mean TENT) and truck campers. About 18 months ago we traded our Lance TC for a travel trailer because we wanted more space. While we've certainly enjoyed that space, we have found it limitin...

jmcgsd by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Buying first trailer/ advice for recent graduate

Hey everybody, first post. I've been reading through the stickies around the forums and learning heaps. I am looking to buy my first travel trailer and need some advice. I just graduated college and moved to Washington from Colorado. I am a forester ...

Ants in roof, tried everything need ideas

So every summer between June 1st and end of August I have a huge ant battle where I live. House was blasted into granite and backfilled with yards upon yards of bank run gravel. Seems to be a perfect locale for ants. Finally figured out my house solu...