Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

8 foot bed?

I am in the market foR a used f 350 diesel crew cab with an 8 foot bed it's like finding a needle in a haystack, has anybody else noticed its hard to find a crew cab with an 8 foot bed single rear wheel? Thanks Lou

mattyj by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Worried about developing leaks?

Still in pursuit of our first TT. Looking at a not too old Nash 19B - a really nice unit.Never leaked -yet. ... how paranoid do I need to be about being able to it that way?I live in an area that can have pretty harsh winters. Think snow, freeze, ...

popcan by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Roadside Assistance

Renewal time is near and curious as to who you use. Main concern is getting a recovery vehicle safe enough to handle Truck and TC together. I've seen some scary pics. in the past, any suggestions ? Thanks in advance K.

K_Mac by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear Happijac Rod length

I just picked up my new to me Lance 880. The seller provided me with his Happijacs, and the rear rods are way too long for my setup. Is there a downside to just cutting off about four inches of the rod?Thanks. Joe

jmcgsd by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Surprised how different Bilsteins are to install

I'm shocked how different Bilstein 4600s are to install compared to Rancho 9000s. Bilsteins are a lot harder to compress. I got them on though. Used the air bags on the back even though they were strapped in a compressed form, and zip tied then com...

jimh406 by Explorer III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Dual Pain Windows

How important are these?We bought a 2014 Outdoors RV / Timber Ridge that does not have them. We like to snow camp and noticed that the windows sweat a lot.I also get that single = less insulation and therefor the air conditioning is less effective....

214skier by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Fresh water tank falls out

While filling my fresh water tank last week as it got full it fell out. Busted the vent fitting and the drain fitting. Tore loose the fill and service line. Tanks ok just need to put it back in and re plumb.I cannot believe that a 50 gal tank was hel...

blksmith by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

New type sway control

I have been thinking of the hensley or the propride, but God are they pricey. I do have the built in friction equalizer bars, but I was thinking of going to the reese cam. Now I see this. In conjunction with the reese cam, it may be the answer for av...

Tequila by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

No AC.... Deal breaker?

I know the obvious answer is, it depends on where you camp, but I'm just wondering if people wish they got it, or have it and seldom use it. The trailer I'm looking at has no AC but does have fantastic fans. Thanks all!

popcan by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it feasible to use suspension air bags for leveling?

I think I've read that some folks use their air bags with onboard compressor to level their rig. I am wondering how much range you get with the air bags.I've been considering getting bags for a while and if I could use them for levelling it may be j...

hedge by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes