Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Truck camper buying process

If I were to purchase a camper where I selected the options:Does Lance, Northwood, Adventurer build camper models in batches?If for example one of them were in the middle of building some 1050s, then some 1191s; and I am ordering a specific 850; how ...

rtz549 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

We finally arrived at our decision

After a few years with toying about getting rid of our MH we did it.Our new unit is a 2015 Flagstaff Classic super lite 831 RESS 34' OAL Triple slide. We looked hard and settled on this one for us. It is going to be hard to give up the convenience of...

Lance 1181 solar install?

Checking to see if anyone has added solar to a Lance 1181.If so, please give me some specifics......will probably post this over on the Lance forum too.

Bob__B by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar mounting hardware on Palomino M2902

I'm installing solar panels on top of my truck camper - a 2013 Palomino M2902 - but I'm unsure of the construction of the roof. Installation plans call for using a5/8" well nut, but that assumes the brackets are being used on an RV roof 3/8" thick. ...

seraphim by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck First Aid

Buzzcut has a excellent thread started for living things and I couldn't find a list in the stickies so I thought a vehicle first aid kit list would be a good idea. No one is saying you need all the stuff the list details so pick and choose. I will ed...

Raften by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Diesel Maintenance Costs

Just had my last oil change and regular service completed at my Ford dealer. When I purchased the truck in 2012 I bought a maintenance program for around $800 that included free oil changes, with DEF, free wiper blades, etc., at each service. Progr...

C-Bears by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

gray water tank - Wolf Creek 850

Hi guysWondering how long it should take to drain our gray water tank (tank capacity = 19 gallons). For our black tank it takes about 2-3 minutes to drain but gray tank takes significantly longer, maybe 8-10 minutes. The gray tank usually starts of...

Fuel filling issue on F250

Every single time I put gas in our '09 F250, I have to hold the nozzle upside down otherwise it spits gas back and shuts the pump off. Would this be something wrong with it or a manufacturing defect? Finally getting tired of this and would like to ...

Ford V10 Questions

I am new to this very helpful site. Our plan is to go fulltime mid next year. After researching and thinking for some time we would like to start with a used 3/4 ton truck (~15-20k) and a used smallish 5th wheel (<10.000 lbs wet).After reading many p...

hkury00 by Explorer
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes

GAWR DENALI

Looking at 2015 denalis...the rear GAWR is 6200#. How do I determine what the NETis after weight of truck and cargo. ..guess what I need to know is how much truck weight ls rear axle carrying.Tryingoto determine how much fiver hitch weight I can carr...

boingram by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Lance's new TT enhancements

New nose cap, with large dual pane radius window, new color, a 15,000 BTU air conditioner, and several more upgrades.Looks like a really good TT just got better. Lance

New Diesel for me!

My 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 7.4L had a long life, but it finally was time to retire it. I have always wanted a diesel, so I bought super clean 2004 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW Super Cab with 93K on it last week. I want to tow my TT so bad, but we are i...

MFinCA by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Airstream>>

I been thinking about trading our Minnie Winnie for an airstream. But the DW is not happy about it. She claims that she loves our current T.T. This is creating a conflict between both of us. Its not pretty, we have been thru a T.T. Motor home,and t...

kennyd63 by Explorer
  • 87 replies
  • 0 likes