Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Winter storage advice- interior of trailer?

Hello all, Let me start by saying I did search the forums, didn't really find anything very relevant to my questions. I would imagine this has been discussed though, I guess my search-Kung-fu must be a little rusty.Anyways, when you get everything cl...

Tlauden by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Payload sticker

Curious as to why the maximum payload on my truck's door 3933 is exactly 600lbs more than the sticker in the glove box which has a camper rating of 3333.... Not a big deal as I'm well under both numbers just curious. Brand new Silverado 3500HD.

Engine Oil Jug Safety Seals Broken

I change my own oil and earlier this year I bought 4 gallons of Rotella T6 Synthetic diesel oil at a large retailer. When I went to change the oil in the driveway, I found that one of the container's safety seal was broken. Being the paranoid schit...

broark01 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide Topper Length

I posted this on the Keystone Owners Forum but I thought that I would get more views here for a solution.I am wanting to get a slide topper for the single slide on a 2014 Keystone Bullet 246RBS. I am not where I can measure the slide anytime soon so...

dmullen by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Pop-Off Valve Replacement

Any one replaced their pop-off valve on their water heater? Hoping there is a link somewhere. If not any "tips" from those owners who have replaced theirs? Thanks in advance!Mike

TECMike by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Denali purchase

Hi all....the DW and i r gonna purchase a new tv...decided on a new 2015 gmc denali duramax/allison crew 4x4. We r blessed to be able to this so we r going big (and expensive). Cash sale.I know there will be lots of anecdotal stories out there bu...

2015 F-350 w/ AF 811, Stable load or Air Bags

So my parents just bought an Artic Fox 811 and a 2015 F-350 ccsb 6.7. So my questions are for that setup what would be the pros and cons of running stable loads or doing air bags? They will do some light off road forest roads.Thanks

Why not store camper on jacks?

I frequently see people say not to store campers on the jacks.I also frequently see people actually doing it.. (which includes a friend of mine who has stored and used his camper on the jacks for 10 years now).What is the reasoning for not storing ...

ajcal225 by Explorer
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

Modular TT, TC, shelter

This is interesting: http://www.tealinternational.com/TailFeather/index.htmlIt seems like it would shake itself apart if assembled only as suggested although the black accent stripe around it looks like it may be a strap.LS

LenSatic by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Route to Big Bear

We are going to join family in Big Bear for Thanksgiving. I have been trying to figure out the best route. We have a 35' class A and will be pulling a toad.Most people are telling me to take Route 38 through Redlands. I was thinking Route 18 through ...

jebchat by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

12 volt battery

Hello folks... have a basic question here and would be very interested in your comments as I am brand new to rv's. I recently bought a Winnebago travel trailer Minnie 2201DS. it comes with a 12 v battery and we store this at a facility that has no po...

zorro1 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford 6.2L Engine

For those who have owned a 1999-2003 Ford 7.3L diesel and gone to the Ford 6.2L gas engine, have you noticed a difference towing your travel trailer? Have the higher RPMs been problematic to you/or spouse over a long eight hour trip towing? How about...

TECMike by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

5er guy looking at older TCs for a 2000 F250

Hi folks, I've been tossing around the idea of a TC ... in addition to the 5er we already have. Our 5er is a beast for long family vacations and I was thinking about a TC for:- Hunt/camp weekends with the buddies- Convenient "race support" vehicle ...