Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV backup camera stuff

I tried the search on this forum, it's pretty bad, so sorry if it's already posted.I am looking for a backup camera and obviously "Furrion" came to mind. These however, are quite pricey. In a quick search, I found this... https://www.amazon.com/Emmak...

blaczero by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

RAM TRX and the Super Ike

For your viewing entertainment only... I do find it interesting that Ram equips this truck with two spare tires, but maybe the desert running guys need more than one?Link

FishOnOne by Explorer III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

easy on/off truck caps?

Anybody regularly swap out a cap for a TC? Are aluminum caps light enough for two to handle? Any recommendations? (Shortbed F350)Thanks!(The soft caps (like Bestop) are nice but I'd rather have something a bit more secure and that I can put a boat on...

MKish by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Auxiliary tank - full or empty?

After a long trip, my auxiliary tank is currently empty. I have winterized my trailer and won't be towing until next Spring. I have no need for the added range the tank offers until then. Should I leave the auxiliary tank empty or fill it up for s...

Durb by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford has released their 2021 towing guide

Ford 2021 towing guideYou can get the highest tow ratings with max payload package.All of the F150 engines have received significant bumps in tow ratings.The 2.7 is now up to 10,000lbs, the diesel is up to 12,100lbs and the 5.0 is up to 13,000lbs.Max...

Groover by Explorer II
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Cedar Creek Cottage CRS40 Window

We have a 2014 CRS40 sitting in Mission Tx with a broken window. It is one of the large windows in the living room slide. It was broken by the landscaper and they have agreed to fix it but are telling us that the window is no longer available. We a...

New thermostat question?

My Lance 1181 came with a Atwood hydro flame 38535 dual stage thermostat and I see that is is no longer available. I have looked but I am not a digital kind of guy. I simply don't know what to get. Would this model work?Coleman 8330-3862 83303862 ...

How many have had Thanksgiving in a truck camper?

How many have had thanksgiving in a truck camper including cooking the meal?I have in a 10ft TC on a 3/4 ton Ford with the wife/kid and a dog..Went fishing at a mountain lake called Lost lake, then went down to the Salmon river for thanksgiving out ...

DEF Math

The owner's manual says my truck has a 5.5 gal DEF tank. I waited until I was down to 1/4 on the gauge, just above the red zone, and added a 2.5 gal box of Blue DEF from Advance Auto. Now the gauge reads FULL to the top.So the gauge must be set to ...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Maximum towing

Hello. It's been awhile since I've been here and I had forgotten how much fun this forum can be. Awhile back we decided to buy another travel trailer and we picked out one that weighed #5700 with a tongue weight of just under #800. We purchased a new...

Fresh Water System Sanitizer

Received this RV Inline Sanitizer today, haven’t tried it yet but looks like it should work. Just add 8 oz for every 40 gallons of fresh water when filling the fresh water tank, then turn on faucets until bleach is smelled, let sit for 12 hours, and ...

snowedin by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes