Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Carbon fiber bed for GMC

This article on the coming carbon fiber bed is interesting.Car and Driver on the carbon fiber bedI was surprised to see how much the bed flexes under impact. That is actually a good thing as it absorbs the impact without damage. Rust proof is great...

Groover by Explorer II
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Are Idaho Ram dealers worth the drive?

I’m looking at the new 2019 Ram 2500 longhorn trucks. I have seen were some have posted buying from a few dealers in Idaho. Dave Smith and Dennis something are two of the largest dealers in the country. I have heard you fly in and they pick you up an...

White Hawk, any owners or opinions out there?

I have not pursued anything related to Jayco, not sure why...just because I associate them with entry level stuff I guess.White Hawk has some nice floor plans, anyone have any opinions they'd like to offer?If well built, I'd be looking at something b...

2006 Forest River Salem LE 26BHSS

We are a family of 3 (2 adults + one 15 month old) and we are planning to try full time RV-ing for a while. There is a 2006 Forest River Salem LE 26BHSS for sale near us and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this year and model. Any red...

RV Battery Questions

hey guys, I am struggling with what to do with my RV battery while the trailer is in storage during the summer, i could build a lock for it which would just slow someone down or is it safe to just disconnect the battery and put it in the under bed st...

oil8390 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Jeep GC and TT Towing Assistance

Hi all I'm new to this forum and the travel trailer thing. We just bought a Winnebago Micro Minnie with a weight of 3010 and I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6-Pentastar 290hp 3.6L engine. I bought a WDH/sway bar so I believe my tongue weight can b...

Re-attaching the Bed canvas

I have a 2001 Rockwood Roo RLT1 hybrid camper with fold out canvas beds on both ends. The canvas on the smaller bed has come loose on one side. Any ideas how to re-attach the canvas? It looks like it just fits behind a metal plate next to the rubber ...

wmlay73 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2 1/2 Inch Receiver Questions

Recently updated from a 2005 Silverado 2500HD with a 2 inch receiver to a new to us 2016 Silverado 2500HD that has the larger 2 1/12 inch receiver. Got the reducer adapter and adjusted hitch and all works fine. Question I’m having is about the attach...

Mikesr by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck trailering packages

I’m totally new to both the truck and travel trailer worlds. But I want to make sure I get the appropriate trailering package on my new truck, both for my needs now and any trailer upgrades I may make in the future. I’ll initially be towing a 22ft tr...

Skycrath by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Some thoughts on Quality

Please don't anyone start a flame war, but in a recent thread, there were informed comments about a brand/model not being very good. Now I'm merely a consumer with a goodly number of years in Travel Trailers (and a spectator in RVs in general) and ot...

Battery Draw down

Just replaced old with new group 31 rv battery. Nothing is switched on and LP monitor disconnected but something still drains my battery by 1 volt per day. Any help in resolving this is appreciated in advance.

mgann by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

6.7 Cummins vs 6.6 Duramax

As someone who knows next to nothing about Diesel engines, I am trying to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of these to. Any opinions would be appreciated.