Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tow Strap

Can someone recommend a good quality tow strap to carry for our TCsetup. The whole outfit weighs about 12,000 pounds.I see all kinds for sale on Amazon etc, some with hooks, some without.Do you need heavy duty shackles if you buy one with no hooks ....

woodhog by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

This how bad assembly is of my TT

Here is a photo of the trim I just removed from my TT, it was loose and had cracked caulking along the top of the trim.The yellowish stuff in the corner of the trim is the bead of caulk, notice it did not make contact with the TT wall! Somehow it did...

WNYBob by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Best place to purchase replacement moldings?

I have a 2013 Rockwood 2702ss. We got home from a camping trip on Sunday and noticed the roof edge molding was coming off. Upon inspection it looks as though both sides need to be replaced. I'm talking about the vinyl strip that covers the screws tha...

Truck Long Box SRW or DRW - Opinions Please

Currently have a diesel GMC 3500 reg box pulling a 35ft 5th wheel. Thinking of buying a new diesel GMC 3500 long box so that we can downsize to a truck camper in the near future. We probably would purchase a Lance, adventurer, or possibly Artic Fox...

dpam by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Ram truck forum

look at buying a Ram for my next ruck and want to get a history of the brand before purchase so I'm trying to find the best forum for info specific to ram. Diesplace is the go to for GM products what's the equivalent for Ram?

gmcsmoke by Explorer
  • 70 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing with my new 2017 F250 CC gasser

Had my first trip pulling with my new F250 STX CC 6.2L 2wd gasser last week. Replaced my 2010 F250 XLT CC 5.4L 2wd. in Feb, the new truck is a pleasure to tow with. Pulled my 2015 KZ Sportsman 314BH TT, empty weight about 6500 and grosses at 8000....

Leaky Waterpump Connection

My Flojet waterpump is leaking at the plastic connection junction where the water line comes in. There is a blue plasticcompression clip that holds the line plastic fitting in the pump. What is a fix? Thanks in advance.

TECMike by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Hallmark Guanella fresh water drain

Have 2016 Hallmark Guanella pop top camper. Can't figure out how to drain fresh water tank w/o going through entire winterization process. Anyone know how to do that? Water is tasting stale since it hasn't been drained since last winter. I just k...

jnsloth by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

hot electric plug

Any ideas as to why my electric cord going into the service connect is hot? The plastic around the plug and about 1 foot of cord is hot coming out of the box. It is 30 amp service. Been hot today and ran AC most of the day. Thanks in advance

From Motorhome to Travel Trailer

After four motorhomes beginning in 1979 to the present we are considering switching gears and going to a travel trailer. We are in our mid 70's and are checking out the pros and cons of making the change. We have been looking off and on for the las...

JL7456 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Fresh water tank-is it needed?

Hi all! In the middle of ripping out floors on our HTT and am wondering if we really need to reinstall the fresh water tank/pump/etc. obviously we are newbies, so please don't make fun of me too much for not knowing, but I do know we will not be boon...

ktnluvl by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing with an Excursion 6.0

Tell me what your experiences are? I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE 6.0 diesel, so PLEASE do not proceed to tell me NOT to buy it. We have had it checked out, it's been meticulously maintained and been "bulletproofed" as a preventative measure rather than b...

Hallmark Guanella refrigerator issue

Have 2016 Hallmark Guanella pop-up camper with Dometic RM2354 refrigerator. The fridge is equipped with an auto energy selector system that automatically selects the most suitable energy source available 120VAC or LP gas. The fridge works great whe...

jnsloth by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes