Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

I-40 in NC to Mammoth Cave Kentucky ?

OK so Google shows me peeling off I-40 in Tennessee in Cookeville and heading north on Hwy 84. Then it's all two lane from there, mostly. Lot's of stop-n-go I'm sure. However I was looking at staying on 40 all the way to Nashville then I-65 North ...

Crater lake, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Death Valley

I am in early stages of planning a September trip west through Glacier, Seattle, then down the Oregon coast. My question is how late are places like Crater Lake, OR Yosemite, and Kings Canyon likely to be snow free? It would be great to add these l...

So Cal 91 Freeway Full Closure Planned

Cal Trans is planning a full (east- and westbound) weekend closure of the 91 Freeway through Corona.When: Beginning Friday, 2/19/16 at 9:00 pm thru Monday, 2/22/16 at 4:00 am. Where: Between the I-15 on the east and Highway 71 on the west. The 91 is ...

Winnipeg to Florida in February

planning a 2 week trip to Disney and perhaps further...we are really dynamic and have a huge tolerance for schedule changes etc. Disney is the only "must" on this trip as we are traveling with our 8 year old.In February it is around -30c or colder, d...

Mexican cell phone options

Hi Guys,Just wondering what the best cell phone provider would be for my up coming trip to Mexico. Not sure if I should go with a U.S. provider or buy a phone locally, a good data plan would be nice also ....muchas gracias

satman2 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Idaho falls to grand Teton np

So I have a 2000 tioga class C 32 foot and was wondering if I should make the drive from Idaho falls to the park via Teton pass thru the town of Victor, which I heard is a steep grade or am I better off the longer way along the snake River. I'm conce...

Anyone ever pulled a 5er through Dover MD?

Hi,Planning a trip from NH to the Outer Banks. MapQuest has me leaving 95 at Newark and taking Rt 13 south through Dover. Never gone that way on past trips. 5er friendly? Hard to guage from the maps. Any decent campgrounds to stop and spend a ni...

lmpres by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

sault ste marie to ottawa

thinking of going to Oshkosh fly in. When over we want to go through UP and into Canada via trans Canadian Highway 17? to Ottawa. We have never been this way before and probably will not be again so we want to see the not to be missed things along th...

grumpy1 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Rt 2 Nebraska

We are headed to Yellowstone in late spring.We would come across Missouri on Rt 36 to I-29 to I-80. I was looking at taking Rt2 from Nebraska City to Lincoln as a short cut to Rt 80.Is that a decent road pulling a 27ft TT?

Tequila

We just read an online article about Jose Cuervo and the family effort to increase tourism to Tequila . . . http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/two-tequila-billionaires-who-won%E2%80%99t-be-intimidated-by-drug-lords/ar-BBp9TwI?li=BBnbfcL Which m...

briansue by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Fall Creek Falls SP, TN - Towing a 28' Denali TT

We were excited about FCF until we read a recent review in Trailer Life that spooked my DW about "formidable" steep pulls and "spiral roads that seem to climb or drop forever"... They had installed a chip on their big pickup which "acts like an engi...

Place to park - Boston Ideas??

Looks like we may have a conference this fall in Boston. Normally we take a western tour during this time but now it has me thinking of changing things up and incorporating an eastern trip. So what I am looking for is a campground/place to leave th...

Mattyd by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes