Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

US 24 across IN and IL?

We are planning our trip back from Elkart, IN later this summer and we are looking at US 24 from Logansport, IN across to I55 in Illinois. We would take I55 south to US 136 and then pick up US 24 on into Quincy. We are just looking a route that is ...

jrs1871 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Columbia crossing , Laredo updates

I'm looking for reports on crossing at the Columbia bridge in Laredo Tx heading north for this season. Last year it was painful and I'm hoping things have improved this year as we will be crossing back into the USA in late March. We are towing a 35' ...

Route from north TX to Spokane, WA

We are planning a trip this summer to Spokane, Washington from north TX (we are a little north of the DFW area); would like suggestions for the best route. We would like to avoid mountain driving as much as possible (if possible). Will be in a 36' mo...

WeMosey by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Around San Franciso Bay

Looking to go around the bay to avoid trafficTrying to avoid 580 Bridge over to OaklandI am looking at 101 to 116 East, 37 to I80, I680 back to 101Is the 116 and 37 OK for a 36ft MH towing ?

No power to dash or ignition

I have a 1997 Allegro Star built on the F53 chassis with the 460 engine. I start it up every two weeks. Today when I went to start it there was no power to the dash. I put the key in and turned it. Nothing. No dash lights, no headlights, no horn...

Teklanika - With a dog?

We're trying to decide if we should go into Teklanika. The DW will not board our dog. She is OK to leave for 4-5 hours, though we prefer 4 hours max. My question is will 4-5 hour shuttle trips get us into see some of the park, and back? If we can't m...

Smitty77 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Abbotsford to Campbell River BC

Our first stop into Canada will be Campbell River. Not totally confused so far, but I am sure I am spinning my wheels when you guys know the routine.I checked BC Ferries and with 2 passengers,SUV, and TT at 25ft, the estimated R/T from Horseshoe Bay ...

Highway 1 - Fraser Canyon

Will be heading to Vancouver from Ontario this coming August with a 30 foot 5th wheel in tow. Seeking advice on route from the Kamloops to Hope portion of the trip. Since we will be returning the same way I intend to do this portion by going southb...

moe_f by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

The Milepost Tour Guide App

Today, got a notice from the Milepost that this app was available from the iTunes Store, for iPads and iPhones. Haven't hard a real chance to mess with it much. It has the different highways listed by name. I found it listed under "iPhones only" wit...

joe_b_ by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Shorter Border Wait Times!

Do notice the use of the word, Might!http://azstarnet.com/business/local/border-wait-times-could-drop-with-addition-of-agents/article_ebc1e17d-2690-588e-97dc-a5b7ef40795b.htmlrocmoc n AZ/Mexico

rocmoc by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

BEST ROAD THROUGH HOUSTON, TX

In a few days, we will be traveling west on I 10 toward Big Bend and will need to travel through or around Houston, Tx. Does anyone have information on the best route and best times to drive through that area. It will be a week day; likely on Tuesday...

snail by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Shaw Direct In US And Mexico

Just a comment on Shaw Direct (StarChoice). They are no longer supporting use of their system outside of Canada. They have adopted the Bell Expressvu business mode and are trying to limit use of their product to Canada only. Well, they have not re-ai...

crandle by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Chief Mountain Highway

While looking at the map for a border crossing, I noticed one on Montana Highway 17 listed as Chief Mountain Highway. Has anyone traveled this road in a Class "A" during Late May?? The road looks like a fairly easy drive but just wondering about con...

ss573 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What route from Flagstaff, AZ to Great Falls, MT?

We are towing a 38' 5er. What route do you recommend from Flagstaff to Great Falls?I posted a similar question back a while ago in Alaska/Canada section, but I feel I might have had more responses in Roads/Routes. If I am doing a no/no by reposting a...