Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

ok I want to get out of Ohio for the week

Well an ice and snow storm is arriving Friday night. I could be on the road heading south in a few hours. Any rv parks open HHI savannah area? I checked red gate and theres no openings.

stew47 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Grand Teton, Gros Ventre RV Park: May 2018

We will be doing a 3 week road trip with our 5th wheel this April/May, and Grand Teton is our last main stop (May 8th-11th).According to this LINK, the GV Campground opens on May 4, 2018. Not having ever been there before, and knowing that they do n...

calberry by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Michigan State Parks $1m upgrades

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/1-million-in-upgrades-headed-to-northern-michigan-parksKind of bummed to see Wilderness wasting money on water and sewer hook-ups, rather than fixing their severely degraded roads and disgusting bathrooms.Not sure ho...

SW Utah

We have been twice to Utah, in September of 2013 when major flooding was going on and also again in august of 2015 and again a lot of rain. So we have been to Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef, Arches and canyon land, but seriously haven't had the chance to ...

State Beaches Campgrounds North of San Diego

OK, I need a little more help:So I checked and reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance, on the reserve California site, so I may have a little more time. (fingers crossed.) North of San Diego are some state beaches, some with hookups, my f...

First Time Across Country to Grand Canyon

We are a family of four and we have had a used A class Warrior RV about a year now and have taken 4 -5 weekend trips. Our goal was to do this to learn "how camp in a RV" in preparation to drive across country this summer. Our trip begins in VA an...

Advice for South East points of Interest

Hello everyone and thank you for reading and responding to my post.This coming spring, we will be traveling from Austin, TX to Burlington Vermont spending a few weeks passing through the areas of the Great Smoky Mtn NP, Shenandoah NP, Blue Ridge Park...

S-n-L by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Glacier Nat'l Park Campgrounds

One of the many stops we want to make on our trip to Alaska, is Glacier Nat'l Park. We plan on crossing into Canada at Sweat Grass, Mt after seeing the park. Looking for recommendations for campgrounds and things to see in that area. My original pla...

Williamsburg timing

We're thinking of stopping in Williamsburg the second week of April. I thought it would be less crowded while school is still in session, but DH thinks it will be busy with school field trips.Anybody have any recommendations or ideas? When is the bes...

pasusan by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Typhoon Lagoon

Reviews please on this water park. Been to Blizzard beach a few times but never Typhoon Lagoon.TIA.

ACZL by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Help us plan out trip (again :) ) - Oregon and Washington

Hey guys-I've used this forum's recommendations for the last bunch of long trips we've taken, and you've never lead us wrong! So, I'm asking again for suggestions on locations/cities to camp, which campgrounds, and "must do" things in the areas.We a...

alesis by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Moab Jeep Rental

Would appreciate any suggestions on jeep Rental places in Moab to rent for a day. Looked up but so many to choose from. Reasonable price and quality jeep so we don't have to worry about break downs. And a rental place that gives you a map, and no di...

My old Kentucky home state park

What would be the preferred sites at this park for a 34 foot 5th wheel. We have never been here and would like to spend three nights this May. Thanks for any help.

Limit4 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes