Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Strawberry Lodge August 2016

Friends,We attended a wedding reception at this way cool high sierra mountain lodge called Strawberry Lodge near Kyburz, Ca on US50. What a neat place !!Take a Look :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_89xIF0ilDwSee You in the Campgrounds !!Mr & Mrs Our...

Beach Camping in the East

We are just finishing up a trip that included a couple of days on the beach at Galveston Island State Park. We absolutely loved camping on the beach. I'm looking into options for next year and wonder what your favorite spots are on the East coast. ...

Dahlonega, GA: TRAFFIC!!!

On the way to Vogel State Park 2 weeks ago we went through Dahlonega, GA for the first time in 3 years and had a long wait to get through the stop lights. It was a Tuesday afternoon when traffic is normally light but long car lines at the stop lights...

Campground around Greensboro

Looking for an easy pull off for one night rv campground. We will be heading east from Crossville, Tenn to Havelock, NC. We have a small dog not kids. 32 fifth slides. Half way would be around the Greensboro area.Thanks

Debbie by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

What a shame

What a shame campgrounds see fit to triples their prices when there is a major event it town. Happen to go through Albuquerque when the balloon was on. I didn't realize it was balloon fest time but I needed a place to stay for a couple of days. Th...

Dog Canyon Campground, Guadalupe Mts. N. P.

Has anyone ever camped at Dog Canyon Campground in Guadalupe Mountains National Park? The web site says there are 9 tent sites and 4 RV sites. I just need to know if my 30 foot fifth wheel and tow vehicle would fit.

RVhiker by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Wintering in Nevada

RVers beware. We have spent the last 2 years wintering in a great RV Park in Pahrump Nv. Comes to our attention by Nevada DMV that non residents spending more than 30 days in Nevada must register and tag their vehicles subject to $1000 fine.

justmibo by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Moab, UT - Ken's Lake

Hello,Headed to Moab tomorrow and looking at staying at Ken's Lake for a few days. I have a 37 foot Class and was wondering if anyone had been there and had some useful tips for this area. Perhaps another place you have visited and think it might be ...

Fall Boondocking in Colorado

I'm planning to head to Camp Hale in late October if the weather forecast permits. I'm wondering how late in the year any of you have camped there? As a 53-year resident (native) of Colorado, I'm fully aware of mountain weather and roads. Just cur...

Boondocking spot in OR between Portland & Yellowstone

I'm looking for a boondocking spot, hopefully about halfway between portland & yellowstone, on the eastern edge of Oregon. But not too far off the highway as it is just a place to stop for the evening before continuing towards multnomah falls and th...

smitty23 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Rent a House/Duplex Rather than RV??

We like to spend a couple of months each winter in the Mesa/Apache Junction area in our RV. Towing the 5th wheel out and back each year is getting to be a chore as we age. Depressing, yeah.Have any of you considered renting a house, flying out and ...