Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Parke Cnty, IN campgrounds

Will be through Parke cnty in August, 2015, to see covered bridges. I'm interested in opinions of different campgrounds; prefer full hookups (W,E,S).

dgaln by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Internet in Yuma, AZ

After travelling around for the last 9 or so years we are thinking of spending more time in one place. We are not sure where that will be but are going to rent a lot in the Foothills of Yuma, and see how that goes. We have arranged to rent a lot for ...

B_P by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Boondocking with 40" Motor Home

Could anyone tell me if they know of a few places I could boondock with my 40' DP towing? I'm heading for the Phoenix area this coming winter from Arkansas. I would like to take a couple of weeks to get there and try out some boondocking. I will be l...

den60 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Des Moines RV Park/Campground Open at Christmas?

Like to find a place to park my TT weekend after Christmas. As long as I have Electric is the main thing. Realize its the wrong direction to be traveling. Taking TT is cheaper than renting 2 motel rooms for 3 night. Any ideas of names would be ve...

Campground Report - Yegua Creek, Somerville, TX

When I arrived at Yegua Creek Campground in the early afternoon yesterday, an early December day with temps near 75º the campground was virtually deserted. There was but one other campsite occupied. Later on a “mad rush” of maybe three other campers ...

Nashville TN construction

Hubby and I are new to snow-birding. Driving from Central IL to FL Panhandle late this month. Planned to take 24 to 65 through Nashville, but are concerned about getting through the construction traffic in Nashville. Any ideas for alternate route?

1 night in Deming, NM where to stay?

Checked RVParkreviews and there seems lots to choose from. Only one night as subject says. Just picked two, Dream Catcher RV Park has a dog run which is good. Other one that looked ok was Roadrunner RV Park. Other suggestions appreciated. Especially ...

North Beach site numbers

I've been reading up on how nice north beach is. We're thinking of going there for spring break. Their website is lacking... Anyways, I've reviewed their site map and I'm unclear of a good spot. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good site numb...

Where are you all ?

We drove from the NC mountains to SC and only saw four RV's heading south the whole way. I-95 was almost bare of any traffic. We have been heading snowbirding on this date for the past fifteen years and this was the lightest traffic we have ever been...

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Fishing Bridge Yellowstone

I am planning to stay at Yellowstone this summer at Fishing Bridge. I can only get a 35 foot or less site for my RV, which is 37 feet in length. Does anyone know if there is enough leeway in the sites to allow this, or would i be "up the creek,' so...

johndag by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New Hampshire and Vermont Recommendations

Looking for great family campground recommendations for Vermont and New Hampshire--pretty open minded about public or private and very open minded about what parts of the states. Planning for a big trip next summer. Thanks in advance for the recomm...

FDR state park or Pine Mountain RV resort

hello,We stayed at Pine Mountain RV resort over thanksgiving. It was nice but rather lacking of trees and privacy. We went to FDR state park and hiked and walked through some of the camping area. It looked really nice but does not have the same am...