DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Little deck off the rear..

I wanted a small platform off the back of our camper.. Some place tocarry the generator and a storage container with gas cans etc..Something that could double as a place to stand as well..(We back up to the fence at Thompson Speedway in CT and 4 of u...

Honda generator

I have a Rockwood travel trailer, is it possible to mount a generator on the rear bumper? The RV is 34 ft.

tlnibert by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Timbren SES installed

Installed a set of rear Timbren SES (Suspension Enhancement System). I went with the units that are supposed to be for slide-in campers and salt spreaders, part #FRTT350F. I already have upper StableLoads. After reading around, some seem to like the ...

Roof Water Diversion

I have an older 5th wheel that has a multi-pitched roof. Does anyone have any idea of what to do in the area shown in picture so that the water does not come straight down the window, but stills lets the water run off. Thanks!Moderator edit to re-s...

Suspension options/opinions / sizing issues

I did the under slung conversion, ez-flex mods on my prior travel trailer and it went well. On my Jayco, it's not as easy...I've got the D52 axles, 33" wheelbase, 29.5" spacing between the hangers (all match dexter specs in their literature). But t...

LED floods on TT bumper

Before I left for Alaska, I installed a pair of 30 watt (2500 lm) LED off-road flood lights on the bumper of my little trailer, wired to a key-fob switch I picked up on ebay. These lights were never used that entire trip.Back in my home state of Mich...

Jordan Ultima and Carlisle Actuator

Jordan's not listed on Carlisle's compatibility list. Mine's still running fine after all these years ... 12+). I have always loved it and would love to keep it when i make the swap to disks.Anyone know if it'll work or not (with or without their ...

New awning LED's

Yesterdays project install awning LED's. I was lucky in that I had a 2nd porch light at the back of the awing that I could hook LED's into.[img][/img]

Post regarding 285 watt Solar Panel

I recently ran across a post in which someone mentioned having one 285 Watt roof panel @ 45V. I forgot to bookmark it. has anyone else seen it, and where? Thanks.

sjturbo by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

SUN SCREEN ATTACHED WITH MAGNETS

Some time ago instructions on how to make a sun screen that is secured by magnets to the windshield of your MH. I have lost the instructions any help to guiding me to the right location is deeply appreciated.ryanallie1 wrote:Hi All.You could do as we...

Shortening an awning

I have a question on cutting a 20 foot awning and making the tube 15 feet. I need new awning material and my awning tube has a small dent at one end. I can easily get by with a smaller awning and I have the place to mount the 15 footer. My questi...

74vette by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Bedroom Slide Tips

Our front bedroom slide is the bed, the wood box frame slides in and out on the carpet and is wearing out the carpet, the previous owner put in a regular mattress which probably weighs more than the factory mattress, (I am guessing) and would like to...

My RV Modifications to date

Took the advice and installed the Oxygenics ShowerheadAdded a wireless router that will allow us to have our own network and connect to the campsite network. Also added a Roku that connects to the RV wireless router. We use the Roku to watch Netflix ...

rdrv831 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

City Water Intake Mod

Here is a diagram of my plumbing modification. This was done to allow the onboard pump to draw water in from a container. Note that the check valve in the intake port was removed and an inline check valve was added downstream.Photo here:All mods here...

Lynnmor by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes