Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Selling my Toy Hauler

I sold my Toy Hauler yesterday. I've kept my mouth shut about it here because I didn't want to have to delete myself for breaking the forum rule against selling stuff here. Now I can vent.It took three months and I dropped the price once. Most of ...

Toy Hauler Buyers FYI... Jayco sells to Thor

Today, July 1 2016 it was announced that Thor had acquired Jacyo RV. From what I've read the management team will remain in place, it will be interesting to see what changes take place. Jayco and it's subsidiaries were the few that still offered a 2...

Y-Guy by Moderator
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Great CO trip with new 5er!!!

Took delivery of our first fiver this past April, and we've logged several great weekends in it so far, as well as an amazing trip to Rocky Mountain National Park in CO. Got the truck set-up with a Patriot 18k slider, and air bags - and it tows like...

Entry Steps Got Stuck

Had something interesting happen. Drove on some really bumpy roads and upon my arrival, I could not get the steps down. After banging, prying a little I finally saw a small lever. IT HAS A LOCK LEVER. Never saw that before and haven't read about i...

Learjet by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

G-rated 235/85/16 Hartland (all steel) Trailer Tire

I get the impression the Hartland "all steel" 235/85/16 tire sold by Discount (America's) Tire is a rebranded Gladiator QR35 (part #1942273865, not part #1933273865). Note the pic I took of a Hartland tire at a local Discount Tire today vs. a pic of...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Inside wall refinish back to factory look.

I guess I dodged what I thought was going to be a possible huge repair. Just last week I noticed 3 or 4 areas of pimples and bumps protruding from the inside back wall of our trailer. I was sure I had a water leak that was showing its ugly face but a...

garysol by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Toy Hauler for Giant Scale Model Airplanes?

I recently sold my bumper pull TT and bought a slide-in TC so I could pull my large model airplanes behind in their 12' Interstate cargo trailer. I looked for a toy hauler that would suit my living and hauling needs, but I could never find the perfe...

Starpig by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Home built toy hauler

Has anyone thought about building your own toy hauler?? With all the talk about tiny houses on wheels I think a project of a toy hauler on a 40ft gooseneck hotshot trailer would be interesting, tandem 12K axles with disc brakes and air ride. You coul...

Can You clarify my weights?

I've been reading here for awhile about weights and how they apply and I just had my first CAT scale weigh in, loaded with almost everything, but tanks empty.For those with more knowledge/experience can you advise/clarify?My Rig: 2013 RAM 2500 Crew S...

Dano1955 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Equa-Flex or Center Point? Center Point is $800+ More

First, hope you are having a safe and relaxing Holiday Weekend. Looking to upgrade the suspension on the trailer. Plan to add shocks and either Equa-flex or Center Point Air Suspension. Was curious to get you all's thoughts on the added benefit of Ce...

cruz-in by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 Keystone Raptor Roof Torn

My rubber roofing material ripped from the front cap back about to the first air conditioner. I'm currently working the Johnny Walker RV in Las Vegas, we are involving Keystone and hope for a favorable information from Keystone. This is definitely a ...

Adding a/c unit in garage

So I was wondering if anyone has added a a/c unit in there garage? I have a 2007 Rage'n Stryker 40 fifth wheel it has a a/c in the bedroom and one in middle of the trailer, so two units. But the garage does stay or get hot, so I wanted to a third uni...

Wifi thermostats question

Home Depot has several wifi thermostats. My question is will they work in the 5er? If I am not plugged into Shore power can I still work the furnace off the 12volt power. The one I was looking at is the Emerson. It has a remote wifi control.Thanks in...

Toolguy5 by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes