Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Scare light query

Just bought a 2012 MontanaIt Has a scare light swt on the panelThe scare light / flood light will not turn off and the inside swt stays illuminatedNo matter if the swt is in the on or off positionI've tried turning swt on then wait a couple minutes t...

Thumb by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

fifth-wheel toyhaulers

Anyone out there tow a fifth wheel toyhauler with a short bed 3/4 ton pickup?. Such as a crew cab 6 1/2 foot f250 pickup. I was told by the local RV dealer that this would create a clearance problem with the truck cab and the front of the camper.

back from daytona and trailer to shop

Well first week went good, then furnace quit working,got a little cool at night. Then tried a/c units so turned on bedroom ac and the front unit started,and vice versa both backwards. Grey water tank filled after 4 quick showers while other grey tank...

rear tail lights

I am putting my bikes on rear of my 5er. Has been supported.when I put the bike cover on, it will hide my right tail light and license.would like to get led lights to mount on back frame.can I just move my license down also.any suggestion on lights....

TPMS advice

I'm putting new GY G614's on our camper this spring. I'd like to take as good care of them as possible. What kind/brand of tpms do you folks use/recommend? Does camper length have any bearing on my choice? Camper is ~37ft so the tires are a ways back...

Dedicated Outlet

We like cook to outside to minimize the associated mess inside the coach. More often than not, we would end up tripping a circuit breaker inside the coach. My wife asked if there was a way to install a separate circuit to prevent tripping the breaker...

truck cover

my new ram 3500 has to be parked outside for a while. does anyone recommend a truck cover

Removing heavy hitch from truck

This has worked well for me so I thought I would share. I leave my hitch hooked to the 5er, remove the rail pins and use the landing gear to lift the hitch out of the truck. I use a 500# hydraulic table from Harbor Freight ($136) which happens to f...

Durb by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Route

I need advise on the best route to tow my 36ft 5er from Pensacola, FL to Newport, RI. I can follow I-81 or I-85/95. The western route is preferred but I am concerned it will be mountains and tougher towing. Help!

Impact 311 or Momentum 328M

Trying to make a decision b/t an Impact 311 and a Momentum 328. Both have every option available. Obviously they are differences in price but less than $10,000. If you have experience with either of these TH's any insight would be greatly appreciated...

Tire advice please

I have a 2010 Montana 3455SA, bought used, last summer. It has a dry weight of approximately 12010lbs, GVWR of 15560lbs. GAWR of 6750lbs. IT has a mishmash of about 3 different brands of ST 80psi tires on it, all of which look to be in pretty good sh...

Adding reverse lights

My fiver does not have reverse lights, is there a way to add them to it. I thought about using a set of driving lights but not sure how to wire them from the trailer to the truck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Travel on.