Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Converter choice

I'm looking to replace my converter so I can have one with a battery charger in it. I know nothing about them except that I've found a Progressive 9100 series that I can get the Wizard for AGM batteries. Is that going to be my only choice or do any ...

Jer_Ger by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Class C vs Class A

Okay, so what are the advantages of a Class C over a Class A (gas or diesel)??Info: just the two of us and a couple of four-legged fur kids. Generally out once or twice a month, Mar thru Oct, from 3 days at a time to a couple of week.s

LetsRV by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Chassis battery disconnect failed while driving

Last week my 2008 Thor Four Winds Hurricane 34B's chassis battery disconnect solenoid failed without warning while on an interstate highway on-ramp. We bought the RV new in 2010, and had just under 36,000 miles on it.The solenoid's failure resulted i...

Replacing refrigerator.

Driving a Monaco Diplomat 40', 4 slide, full time RVer. Looking to replace Dometic MED1402 with a residential fridge. Anyone else done this? Can it be done and how easily? Where would I go? Thanks.

Latyj by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

2014 Navion IQ being repurchased as a LEMON

My husband & I bought a new 2014 Navion IQ on 6/5/14 with 2234 miles on the odometer. We drove it exactly 75 miles from the dealer when the Check Engine Light (CEL) came on. Of course I called the dealer when we got home and was told I needed to go ...

Class A - Why so limited windows?

we have a 5th wheel currently and are debating if a Class A diesel would suit us better. We understand that we will be giving up floor space due to narrower slides, but we don't see many windows in the A units (looking under 40 feet). It seems like...

RV Way in Cicero, NY

Has anyone had any work done at RV Way (may also be know as Seven O's) on Brewerton Rd (RT 11) in Cicero, NY? I am going there to get my awning replaced and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them (good or bad). Thanks

tmmar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fifth Wheel to Class A Diesel

We are considering trading our Teton Fifth Wheel for a Winnebago Journey 39 ft. We would be interested in any thoughts. No reason to do so, just thinking about it. Teton is in good shape no problems.

Buy a 1998 Thor Majestic Flyer 29' Class A?

So maybe we'll trade our travel trailer for a 1998 29' Class A Thor Majestic Flyer 29Q. As I research, it seems this is a Four Winds? Thor makes Four Winds? And apparently the Four Winds Majestic Flyer also comes in a Class C? Looks like the engine i...

E450 Front Axle Upgrade

I've been intrigued at the possibility of increasing the capability of our front axle and brakes. A visit to a CAT scale showed that the axle was at 99% of its 4600 pound capacity. So... a number of phone calls ended in a 400 pound pallet of takeoff ...

j-d by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Winter and deisel use

Ok - Couple of questions for you long time diesel users here. I just traded up to a diesel - Cummins engine.I am uniformed and need some help before temps drop and winter arrives!1. Coach comes with an engine heater. How cold before I should plug it ...

catkins by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

2010 Fleetwood Discovery

I need help finding my trailer light fuse. I have no power at the trailer plug. Brake lights and turn signals work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jacks down during winter storage?

Just wondering what people recommend regarding leveling jacks. During winter storage, should one keep the leveling jacks down, or up?In the storage lot, I see examples of both...some motor-homes with the jacks down, and others, just sitting on the t...

hoopers by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

front tire problems,,

Hello, We have a old 84 Kingston motorhome with a E350 chassis. We have had it a long time. It seems to be real hard on the front tires. The tread always starts to separate from the rest of the tire. I think it has gone through 6 tires now. The last ...

77Casual by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes