Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV Punch - my daughters video game.

My daughter is studying game design in college. She and a few classmates came up with a video game (not for sale). Everyone on her team grew up in an active RV household and their idea stems from it. It is basically Class A Motorhomes that also punch...

bob_b1 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

battery charging

We are staying in a campground that has no hookups, therefore we are having to run on our batteries. We have an 09 40' Phaeton with a commercial frig with 6 house batteries. No problem with charging the batteries with the house generator; however, ...

jonlin by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Touring South & East US

Planning on touring the South & East side of the US starting January or Febuary 2019 - will probably start at Gulf Shores Al. & surrounding area & then head North. I would like your suggestions on states to visit & places to stay. We plan on stayin...

Tweeter by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Door locks will not unlock

2009 Monaco Knight, The top and bottom locks will not open from the out side handle. The adjustment rod has to mush slop in it and will not tighten. The locks work fine from the inside any thoughts

Slide outs not working , intermitently...

We have a 2002 Holiday Rambler Neptune 34PDQ with electric dual slide outs. I attempted to extend the bedroom. It would not even click when extending, but would click when I tried to retract. The living room was just the opposite.It did extend but th...

draboo by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Thetford Toilet Repair U-Cup Seal - Which Way?

Replacing the waste ball in our Thetford toilet. Directions say to put U-cup seal on waste ball and install. But which side is the open side of the U-cup seal supposed to face? Is the open U-cup side to be against the waste ball? Or against the t...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mirror covers....where are the big ones?

Need help finding covers for outside mirrors on 2011 Itasca Ellipse/Winnebago Tour 42QD. Everything I see online appears to be too small. Mirrors are 22"H x 11"W x 8" deep. Will to buy custom if I can find a shop that would do it. Ideally would cover...

Diesel Pusher Air Filter change

I was wondering how to really know when to change an air filter on a CAT engine. I have the vacuum gauge that is supposed to give you the info but how reliable are they?The filter for my engine is a large canister that has to be changed out but its m...

lj2654 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Aqua Hot frequent pump failure

Anyone have an Aqua Hot and experience frequent pump failure? Frequent as in once a year for 4 years, including earlier this month for the 4th. 4 year old Fleetwood Excursion, 43' diesel. My thought is that this shouldn't be happening and wonderin...

Insurance.....again, I know.......

Just bought a class A, picking up in the morning. Been getting quotes on insurance all afternoon. I know different area's, different deductibles, different credit scores all effect the rates. My question is who actually covers the claims the best....

Power outage

Happy Friday - I installed a new fridge (Whynter FM45G) on my 1990 Toyota Itasca Spirit and hardwired it to the fuse box. Last night it was working for an hour as I continued to work on the rig until I called it a night. Woke up this morning and ...

FMCA Michelin tire program issues

This past January I bought 6 new tires in Oregon on the FMCA Michelin tire program. The price was cheaper than dealers, so I bit. I should have researched it further--my fault--because FMCA said labor was extra but I thought it wouldn't be that muc...

Confusion on weigth

We have a 2015 Winnebago Vista. The sticker on the wall near the driver shows a GVW of 16,000#. The GAWR shows 6,500# for front and 11,000# for the rear. These add up to more than 16,000#. Had the coach weighed and we have room to spare. Do I go by t...

Fresh water pump issues

Water pump in our Winnebago Vista cycles on and off rapidly making a chattering noise. Dealer replaced the pump and still have same problem. Adjusted pressure on pump and still have the same problem. Occasionally, pump will work normally for a few se...