RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New to RV's and the forum

After years of tent camping the wife and I decided to buy our first travel trailer. We picked up a Heartland Trail Runner last week and took it out for the first time this past weekend....was so nice to wake up warm and dry on a cool dewy morning.I h...

willi4nd by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Staying overnight at Pilot Flying J?

Hello, we are pretty new to RVing, at least in the US. We used to RV in Germany. No we got a 30 ft. Thor Windsport Class A and we plan a Trip to Fredericksburg, TX from Theodore Al. Because its a long trip we plan to stay somewhere just overnight, ma...

RV show madness

Went to RV show yesterday. Always interesting to watch people and see latest is on the market. Main focus, like always seems to be price. Lots of pricing was "how much a month" and lots curtained off "closing room" cubicles to get up and personal w...

path1 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Is a tow capacity of 6,200-6,500 enough?

Hello to all and thanks in advance!I've been going back and forth with the idea of purchasing an SUV or truck. With being a newbie, the process has at times been frustrating and overwhelming. So much to learn! I want to get a 20' travel trailer bu...

er78mph by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Any used class A manufacture to stay away fom

I am looking for a used Class A diesel for around 45-50K. Any manufactures that are better than others or any to completely avoid? Been looking on Craigslist and RV trader mostly and there are quite a bit to choose from so trying to get advice from...

Neighbors Dad learning the hard way

New trailer in July this year.First trip out---Clips big iron pipe barrier thing at gas station. Big gouge about 1/2 the length on left side.Second trip out---(after getting back from shop). Forgets about water regulator at campground. Wakes up to w...

path1 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer with 3 bedrooms

Hello,This past season has confirmed I need to find individual space for my 2 children. The weather here in Ohio this summer has been difficult at best and we were trapped in our trailer a lot this year.Do they make a trailer that has 3 separate bedr...

mroseto by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

F-150 V6 Ecoboost Turbo XLT 8,400 TC

Hello to all and thanks all in advance,So I've figured out that this journey of figuring out a tow vehicle is definitely not an easy. But I think that I have found a truck that could meet my needs. I was wondering if this truck could perform when pu...

er78mph by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spare 5th wheel or trailer suspension parts

I know many including myself carry spare parts. Bearings and grease seals or spare hub, etc. Was at RV place yesterday and saw a trailer with a broken spring. Trailer had out of state plates. I never really thought about a broken spring before. Got...

path1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get a driver license in FL

Ok , I live in oregon right now Im going to be moving full time to FL and live in my rv from park to park,what do I need to get a driver license in FL as in I will have "No Permanent Address" to give the DMV

Trying to decide which RV

Looking to get back in rv world. I haven'the been around them in 15 plus years, and I am trying to figure out what would suit me best. Maybe you guys can help.Most uses would be for fish camp. (All seasons)stored here 80% of time. Would be nice to ha...

Purchasing a Travel Trailer

Hello to all and thanks in advance!I was wondering if I should enter a dealership and buying a used or new TT? I know in a perfect world I would buy from a private seller but this may not be an option. I would appreciate feedback from experiences f...

er78mph by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice on long-term plan

- I am very unfamiliar with RVs. Never spent a night in one. - Never spent a night in a campground. - Have done some tent camping in my youth.- I am very active and in good shape for physical activities. - As owner of Conversion vans, I am familiar ...

RVTravel by Explorer
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

New to Rving and need help on identifying a part.

Hi, I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section, and if someone needs to move it, I understand completely. I have a 1977 Dodge Sportsman Motor Home with a 360 v8 engine. IT only has 81,000 miles on it and I got it for a great deal. Proble...