cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are you kidding?

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't seen any horror stories from RV.Net members out in the eastern US, mainly Buffalo. C'mon, eh....

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
47 REPLIES 47

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I am just glad I am here in Florida where there was a serious weather condition here also on Thursday resulting from that same storm.......

It got down to 32 degrees for a whole 2 hours right before sunrise when the temps went right back up to 70! Whew, that was a real bear to endure!!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
This is one of my favorite Buffalo snow images - I've been having fun looking at Google images of "Buffalo snow 2014"

Here he'd be pulled over and fined. He's presenting a HUGE danger to himself and others if that block of snow falls of. Inexcusable to not clean off the car.
It's illegal here too, but I don't think the cops were out looking for snow-piled car roofs...

This is my second favorite picture - waving to the neighbor across the street:

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:

Looks like the hook ups at Stevens Pass.....Got snowed in there one night,actually three before they were able to get it all plowed out,on my first experience in a class A gasser. They started out with a blower till they hit some poor guy's car that had gotten stuck in the middle of the approach road. Kinda made a mess of the back of the car and the blower blade and no one could figger out why the gas tank didn't blow. There wasn't anyone in the car.Luckily.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!!!!!!!! now I know why I put up with all the "stuff" I do, to live in So Cal. Just getting ready for that earthquake that is overdue, could happen in the next 1000 years, or not. Then I'll be full timing it in my TT.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
arooogah! this is the rv.net snow police... please report for a GVWR GAWR GSOTRR (gross snow on the roof rating) china tire examination immediately!

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
This is one of my favorite Buffalo snow images - I've been having fun looking at Google images of "Buffalo snow 2014"

Here he'd be pulled over and fined. He's presenting a HUGE danger to himself and others if that block of snow falls of. Inexcusable to not clean off the car.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
noe-place wrote:
Seeing these blizzard disasters every winter makes me doubly thankful I live in the south. The worse we ever get here is about 2-4" if that. I've never even owned a set of tire chains.

Funny you should say that.
To us snow is merely a nuisance.
Tornadoes on the other hand.....

P.S.
In 2007 we had a total of 14 ft of snow, most of it stayed till Spring.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Seeing these blizzard disasters every winter makes me doubly thankful I live in the south. The worse we ever get here is about 2-4" if that. I've never even owned a set of tire chains.

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
JAXFL wrote:
downtheroad wrote:

IF you put it in LOW and TOW mode I think you can get it out.......

May need to install some tire chains

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
pasusan wrote:

This is one of my favorite Buffalo snow images - I've been having fun looking at Google images of "Buffalo snow 2014".

We often get more snow than Buffalo, but no one ever talks about us as we aren't a big city. no one ever talks about us as we aren't a big city. This time we have been spared and Buffalo has been getting the lion's share. We've got about 18", but that is totally manageable. 6 feet or more is very scary - and rain is forecast this weekend into Monday. Yikes.
X-2, there are also other places in NY that regularly get more snow than Buffalo, Adams Center, Barnes Corners, & Tug Hill Plateau, come to mind, but as you say, they're small (tiny) so you never hear about them, but I think this time they'll be happy to let Buffalo have all the attention.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer

This is one of my favorite Buffalo snow images - I've been having fun looking at Google images of "Buffalo snow 2014".

We often get more snow than Buffalo, but no one ever talks about us as we aren't a big city. This time we have been spared and Buffalo has been getting the lion's share. We've got about 18", but that is totally manageable. 6 feet or more is very scary - and rain is forecast this weekend into Monday. Yikes.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Rockrash
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Rain would be a big factor causing more roof collapses, etc., but warming by itself will not make the snow any heavier. Ten pounds of snow will still weigh ten pounds when melted, ignoring any evaporation. The volume will change, but not the weight.

Explain condensation

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Rain would be a big factor causing more roof collapses, etc., but warming by itself will not make the snow any heavier. Ten pounds of snow will still weigh ten pounds when melted, ignoring any evaporation. The volume will change, but not the weight.

Except when they get four inches of rain on the snow. Then the weight will skyrocket. That's the killer.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
As a Southerner born and raised, I was taken aback, on a trip to Copper Harbor. They had snow fences in the trees as you came to a rise. I'm guessing they were forty feet up.
A snowmobile must be standard up there and snorkels from the houses up the trees, if anyone lives in that area.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I pity them because the flood that's coming is going to be crazy.

Don't pity them, pray for them. There are already 8 dead and the toll is expected to go higher before all is said and done.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]