RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

jeep tj x

So we purchased an o6 today to replace our 2011 focus. We had an 08 Rubicon before and got rid of it because of the total lack of power going down the road. Any way this is a low milage for the year 46k and clean as can be expected. This is an X mod...

Tow bar lubrication

A caravan pulled into the campground up on the northern part of the alcan and this dude proceeds to start disconnecting his toad towbar using a hammer to release the shaft locks. And using a hammer, hammering away. I explained to him that he might wa...

Roof vent confusion

I want to add a Fantastic Fan to the LR/kitchen of our fiver. It currently has just a vent. Looking at the Fantastic Fans what is the best one for us. Want auto opening with either a wall mount control or wireless. Would also like a thermostat. ...

Finding out how much we can tow

We have a Dutchman Kodiak bunkhouse travel trailer. It's poorly made and crumbling before our eyes, but that's another issue for another post.We are looking to get a different RV and my hubby would like to go with a fifth-wheel this time. But we are ...

stove top cooking

considering buying an induction burner to use instead of (or in addition to) the gas stove top. I realize there are issues with the type of pan/pot you use (must be aluminum I think) but would like feedback as to type and watchouts.... Thanks in adv...

paying for a new RV before delivery

I ordered a new travel trailer, paid $1,000 deposit, and am now being told I can't get it the day that I have to finish paying for it. They want me to come see it, pay the balance, then schedule a demonstration and pickup time. Is this arrangement ...

Cool find on Craigslist!

Found this flipping around CL today60's Chevy pick up based RVThought this was cool looks to be in good shape other than a couple water leaks.

dodge_guy by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

If you want to sell your RV....

YOU HAVE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS.Spotted a 2004 "Travel Lite" for sale on RVTrader. Only a few pictures, not much information. I deduced that it must be a TRAIL-LITE, from the appearance. So I emailed the private party seller through RVTrader, and pol...

coolmom42 by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

multi-purpose hitches

While I do own a 5th wheel, this question concerns hitches that I use to pull my boats. I have a need for two different hitches, one that is much higher than the other because one of my boats requires a high hitch to allow any rain encountered on th...

winter storage - south

anybody from the north keep camper in rv storage in the south for the winter, to use it when you can get away, if so how does it work out for you. just something i'm thinking about doing.

Need help with furnace

So the heater in our new camper wouldn't light this morning. Gas is good. The pilot will light for a few secs then seem like it gets blown out. This is a brand new Atwood in a 2014 Jay Flight. So anyway after trying everything I got it to light and...

Roof Maintenance???

I have a camper that's about two years old. It is not covered at any time of year. I have difficulty getting on the roof so any maintenance would have to be done by a "professional." I'm wondering if it is necessary at this point or if it can wait...

pryan by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can RV anti freeze be re-used?

Last year when I drained my anti freeze, I put it back in the original bottles.Can I re-use the anti freeze, or is it not advised?

mrad by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof Air runs alot

Have spent the last few days in Texas in 90 plus temps. The roof air runs almost constantly in an attempt to keep the coach cool. Should I be concerned abut the units overheating?

Tomboy2 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes