RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Pam cooking spray

I've read some of you fine folks spray Pam on the front of your RV's to help in cleaning bugs off of your front cap. Does it affect the decals (making them turn loose or become brittle)after a long time?

slides by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Need EXPERIENCED Help on Florida

Hey all! I'm STILL on my first 5000 mile-plus trip to parts west but hope to be home in ten days or thereabouts. What an eye opener! I need to get ready for my next one though as I e done a few bad thangs. Is there anyone in Florida on here, or l...

weight distribution hitch ...I'm confused.

Where to start....I just bought an enclosed car hauler 10,000 lb. I am towing with a 40' MH. Freightliner chassis auto leveling air bag suspension. Hitch rating 5000 lb with 500 lb tounge weight. 10k lb flat tow TW N/A. Weight distribution 10,000 lb ...

On the road planning. Internet, Overnight parking, ...

Hi all,I'm looking for the best ways to plan while on the road. We are going to be going west from Montreal towards Moab at first and then adjust as we go depending on State's tourist info booths.I am planning to buy a nano-sim once we get to the US ...

Why do it the easy way...

...when there is a more convoluted alternative. DW and I are out for our first outing in about three months. We settled in to our new home for the next several days in the Chinook RV Park in Waldport, OR. This is the first outing since doing several ...

Winnebago Surplus

Anyone know if Jakes RV Surplus is still in business in Fairmont, MN ?If I remember correctly that is where the Winnebago surplus went when they closed the store in Forrest City, Iowa.

Sun n Fun RV Resort Sarasota, FL

Hello,Has anyone ever for the Sun N Fun RV Resort in Sarasota, Florida? We are contemplating working the winter 2014-2015 season there. And does anyone know of a website where workampers might share their experiences with particular campgrounds? Th...

magnesium or aluminum, that is the question ? ?

Morn'n y'all;Just changed my aluminum rod after I flushing the hwt. Very little 'junk' flushed out when compared to previous years. Also, next to zero deteriation on the aluminum rod itself.Now I wonder why and if I should start using magnesium rod...

Floor jack

What do you carry in case of a flat? It seems a small floor jack would be a good idea, or is there something else to consider? The floor jack weighs about 25lbs. I'm guessing. Any recommendations welcomed....

$119 eBay replacement awning material

I installed the product from this eBay seller: Awning to replace my Dometic A&E 8300 series and I thought I'd give a few details about the item.First, the seller says this awning is made from heavier material than the original but it's not. The orig ...

ScottG by Nomad
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Demco Kar Kaddy SS hinge bolt failure

I have 7 years and 45K miles towing a PT Cruiser on a Demco Kar Kaddy SS. Got home from a 24 day eight stop trip and found the top 1 inch of the hinge bolt missing, broke off, gone. Don’t know how long the top had been missing but there was enough ...

G7ARYM by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Replace slide out seals every five years?

Since tires have to be replaced every five years due to dry rot, I'm wondering if the same issue applies to slide-out seals. They are not weight bearing so a seal that rots isn't going to cause catastrophic failure, but they are made out of a simila...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Good light mattress?

After a first night on the RV mattress my wife is not liking it for a 2 month trip.Options:1- Use our home mattress. It fits 60"x80" but most of the trailer storage is under the bed and lifting the mattress while looking for stuff would be an unpleas...